FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought of putting a remote filter on the Aisin 6-speed? I can't stand the fact that the only filter is inside the case, and like the CD4E requires pretty much a complete tear down to change. My only concerns would be diminishing fluid flow and thereby damaging the transmission, and possibly filter rupture due to the transmission pressures. Does anyone know what the pressure is in the cooler lines? I know that some of the older automatics were running 180+ psi, but I don't know if that was at the cooler lines or just internal pressure. But at the same time, it would increase capacity from almost 8 quarts to about 9. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
My Nissian had the same setup. No way to change filter. I changed (flushed B&G kit) every 30,0000 miles and tranny still has good pressure and shifts well at 298000 miles. Also adding a external filter would surely void your power train warranty. So change @ recomended intervals I would bet you will be fine...but thats just my past procedure... 8)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I agree with stegercreek. Heat is the major cause of tranny failure, not "dirty" fluid. So change your fliuid on regular intervals and you should be fine. If your really concerned about tranny life, put in a tranny cooler.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I just overmaintain the hell out of everything I own. I just can't stand that I can't get at the damned filter to change it. Hopefully Aisin put the good stuff in the F21. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My dealer told me NOT to add any Tranny Cooler or it would VOID the warranty.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I call BS. When modifications are made to a vehicle, unless it's specifically mentioned in writing that it viods the warranty, then you are free to make those changes. If something breaks, it us up to the dealer to PROVE it was the result of your modification, NOT the other way around. There's a law that deals with this directly but I can't recall it's name right now. I'll post when I recall it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Magnuson Moss Warranty Act

[quote author=canyon85 link=topic=58559.msg997676#msg997676 date=1160253530]
I call BS. When modifications are made to a vehicle, unless it's specifically mentioned in writing that it viods the warranty, then you are free to make those changes. If something breaks, it us up to the dealer to PROVE it was the result of your modification, NOT the other way around. There's a law that deals with this directly but I can't recall it's name right now. I'll post when I recall it.
[/quote]

The following posts were made in the Ford Five Hundred forum:

============================================
The '07 Warranty Book states:
Damage Caused by Alteration or Modification
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage caused by:
• alterations or modifications of the vehicle, including the body, chassis, or components, after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor Company
• tampering with the vehicle, tampering with the emissions systems or with the other parts that affect these systems (for example, but not limited to exhaust and intake systems)
• the installation or use of a non-Ford Motor Company part (other than a certified emissions part) or any part (Ford or non-Ford) designed for offroad use only installed after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor Company, if the installed part fails or causes a Ford part to fail. Examples include, but are not limited to lift kits, oversized tires, roll bars, cellular phones, alarm systems, automatic starting systems and performanceenhancing powertrain components or software and performance ‘‘chips’’

============================================

My brother was a zone manager on the sales side of the car business (basically someone who wholesales the cars and trucks to the dealers) and for the last two years has done so on the parts and service side of the business. Myself? I am in the industrial fabrication business on the service parts side (among others) and as an Amsoil dealer (not very active), I am very familiar, to the point of nausea, with the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. Plus my wife works for Michigan's largest law firm, involved in product liability defense for Daimler-Chrysler. She's familiar, to the point of nausea, with Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.

Now that those qualifiers are out of the way, I'm going to post an opinion of the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act that ain't gonna thrill too many people. The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act is, in many cases, for the average car buyer, not worth the paper it's printed on. It gives you a whole bunch of legal rights in the event of a warranty dispute with the car manufacturers. On paper. In real life, you, the car owner, will have to prove that the aftermarket part or modification had nothing to do with a particular failure. Despite what the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act says. All the dealer and the company zone manager have to do, to make your life miserable, is deny the warranty claim. Your car stays out of service, and YOU have to provide your own transportation. YOU have to pay the "experts" to dispute the dealer and auto company's assertions of violating the terms of the warranty. YOU have to hire an attorney, and take them to court. My brother has binders of denied warranty claims, with the majority claiming Magnuson Moss Warranty Act violations. Their cars are out of service, no one is providing or paying for a loaner, and those people are S.O.L., representation by big, fancy lawyers notwithstanding. In fact, the way my brother talks, the more you the car owner talk about the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act, the more likely they'll deny your warranty claim out of shear spite, and when I met several of my brothers colleagues last year at his wedding, those very sentiments were repeated over and over.

They, the dealer, don't have to do anything. All they have to do is be obstinate. You, the car owner, will be the one S.O.L. Just ask the hundreds, if not thousands, of Toyota owners who's cars were affected the oil sludge problem a few years ago, changed their oil religious at a quick oil change shop, had records, and were still S.O.L. pending litigation.

Think about that carefully before doing anything aftermarket on your car.

·
Registered
230 Posts
That last post was RIGHT ON!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts