FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a remote start for my fusion. An alarm as well combined with it. Since the key fob is the actual key, I'd rather not carry around an additional fob in my pocket. Are there any alarms out there that can use the factory fob for their functions? Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
505 Posts
anything you add will require a separate remote/transmitter. this is the only thing that has kept me from putting a remote starter in my car.

this is a limitation of the factory IKT (the buttons can't be remapped to anything else.) even the remote start system that Ford sells requires a separate FOB transmitter. I wish the stupid red panic button could be reassigned to control a remote starter.

you can buy universal FOB/transmitters where you can assign the buttons but since the factory FOB is built onto the key itself then you would still have 2 transmitters :(

regarding the alarm... your car already has an alarm system built in. the alarm system is armed whenever you lock the car. if any door, trunk, or hood is opened after 30 seconds then the alarm will sound.

:csweeney:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just put one of the Code Alarm CA420A systems on the wifes fusion today. It is about a 1 1/2" by 1 1/2" key fob with one button on it. I paid $75 bucks for it, which is about $75 bucks cheaper than what I could buy the same one that says ford on it. The install was very easy, took about an hour. Had a total of about 8 wires to hook up, and I used the Ford bypass module. If anyone needs any help give me a shout. I used to install the Ford remote starts at the dealers here in kc. I did that for about 6 years, so I know a little about them. The Code systems are the same people that make the Ford units, so they are pretty much identical, even down to the remote.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts