FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
It looks like they are taking advantage of the exhaust pressure at the end of the stream instead of the begining of the stream. It also looks like you are going to have alot more tubing in the automobile.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thats sounds great if all you do is drive in nice weather. Can you imagine how much you'd have to clean your filters!

·
Registered
13 Posts
It actually works quite well. Seen a setup for a Vette and it made really good power only running like 6 psi. all the tubing acts as an intercooler and if i can remember right the Vette didn't have the filter in the spot in that pic. maybe i'll try contacting some one who works for that place that i know through the family...

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Tons of people are running these kits and making serious power. Its really not a bad setup for the people without the aftermarket setups yet. Not real expensive to setup either.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=gokart2 link=topic=41851.msg625378#msg625378 date=1142883932]
It actually works quite well. Seen a setup for a Vette and it made really good power only running like 6 psi. all the tubing acts as an intercooler and if i can remember right the Vette didn't have the filter in the spot in that pic. maybe i'll try contacting some one who works for that place that i know through the family...

[/quote]

Are you referring to the Vette on Gearz? The guy installed the turbo on a Vette that was going to be given away. The results of the install were really amazing.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Horsepower TV on Spike did one on a C6 Vette as well. STS makes some nice set ups but the bad thing is for a 4 cyl is that turbo lag. On a V8 you do not feel it because there is tq to pull you out of the hole before the turbo can kick in. With a 4 cyl or even a small V6 it would be like stock until about 3000 rpm's then it would be a kick in the pants. very hard to launch quick and hard. Plus like was said keeping that filter and the turbo clean in the winter would just be a pain in the @ss. Sorry but another thing is them getting stolen. Local site had a couple of guys get them cut off there car just sitting in a parking lot. because of the location (normally were the rear muffler is ) all you need is saw and about 1 min to have that thing out of there. Other bad thing about putting this on the fusion is the tune. Noone would have a tune and you would have to spend a ton of time and money on a dyno to get it set right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts