FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

FMVperformance.com is looking for users interested in becoming Regional Coordinators.

From North America, we're looking for one each from the following areas defined here:
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?board=32.0
and here: http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?board=30.0
and internationally, up to one can be taken from each country, if interested. Said countries do not need to be already listed.

These users will be responsible for the following items:
1. Schedule or help to coordinate the schedualing of relatively frequent meets, get togethers, and events among Mazda3Forums.com and MazdaSpeeders.com and other forum users.
2. Bring the concerns of your regions users (this being especially important internationally) to the attention of the FMVperformance staff and administration
3. Moderate your regional section
4. Promote FMVperformance sites (and encourage others to do the same) in your area. This could include talking to aftermarket companies and dealerships, among other items. This is especially important to the job.

All FMVperformance.com positions are strictly volunteer.

If you're interested, please e-mail myself at drhamad (at) fmvperformance .com

Interested parties should have the necessary social/political skills and persona.

Please, 21+ users only.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After considering, I'm naming ADaughen (formerly LowMileLude) to be the first Regional Coordinator, for the Great Lakes, United States, region.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I sent you a message on here versus an email, so I hope you get it.

Thanks,
Tina

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Congrats Adam...too bad you aren't in the Mid Atlantic :wink:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Email sent Dan  :) Grats LowMile, glad to hear it.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
[quote author=ADaughen link=topic=24554.msg333840#msg333840 date=1120266010]
Thanks guys!

What Lou? You don't want to do it? I am sure there are enough capable individuals in that area to do the job.
[/quote]

Yeah, I guess I don't have the best confidence in the world. Plus I am not very knowledgeable about performance products, dynos shops, and race tracks etc, in the area to be a good coordinator :(

I just wish you were in my area, so the meet scene would improve :wink:

Good luck to the person who gets the position in the Mid Atlantic region. I am eager to come to meets/events, but leading them is not my fortay :oops:

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Are there positions for local coordinators (i.e. organize events for smaller areas than Mid Atlantic or Great Lakes for example)?

I would be willing to try to organize meets in the Central PA (maybe eastern PA too) region, even though there aren't that many people around here yet. Although I have seen a couple new people recently.

Let me know your thoughts on this Dan :)

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is a frequent point that has come up - that there's no way one guy could do everything in a given area.

That's true.

But that isn't what we're after here - these guys will just be the overall coordinators. Nothing is stopping anyone else from organizing something, or helping the RC's out, etc etc. If you want to organize a meet, go ahead! We encourage it!

And also, at this point this is more of a pilot program - it needs to be a manageable size.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
^^ Yeah, I am NOT taking over the duties of the people who are already organizing events in Detroit or Chicago or Cleveland (etc). It would be a full time job driving across the great lakes. I personally feel it to be more of a guide to link those groups up every so often so we can have regional meets rather than just their local meets. Or help expand the local meets into actual outings, if none currently exist.

I know there are some local car groups that "hang" but that's it. They just sit and BS in a parking lot. Some people like to do that others like to actually do something active.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Well glad that is cleared up.

Yeah, if we actually had regional meets that involved auto-X or something similar, I would be willing to travel a good distance , since these opportunities don't come up too often. How long would it be from central PA to the middle of Ohio :lol:

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
[quote author=lmp180psu link=topic=24554.msg333899#msg333899 date=1120272735]
Well glad that is cleared up.

Yeah, if we actually had regional meets that involved auto-X or something similar, I would be willing to travel a good distance , since these opportunities don't come up too often. How long would it be from central PA to the middle of Ohio :lol:
[/quote]

~6 hours 1 way. Columbus is pretty much smack dab in the center and I'm another hour west of it.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
[quote author=lmp180psu link=topic=24554.msg333853#msg333853 date=1120267170]
Yeah, I guess I don't have the best confidence in the world. Plus I am not very knowledgeable about performance products, dynos shops, and race tracks etc, in the area to be a good coordinator :(

I just wish you were in my area, so the meet scene would improve :wink:

Good luck to the person who gets the position in the Mid Atlantic region. I am eager to come to meets/events, but leading them is not my fortay :oops:
[/quote]
Oh Lou c'mon, I set an excellent example. I know as little as you do about engine crap and I set up the meets :D

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Southwest, Northwest, Northeast and Great Lakes have been filled, and there's been a couple of applications for Mid-Atlantic. The other sections are still available.

Nobody outside the US has talked to me yet.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
We could really use one for Toronto or Ontario in general. They could then maybe coordinate a meet in New York or Michigan with North East or Great Lakes RCs. ;)

Austrailia needs a few. They seem to be pretty active down there.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
[quote author=csweeney link=topic=24554.msg336036#msg336036 date=1120600610]
Oh Lou c'mon, I set an excellent example. I know as little as you do about engine crap and I set up the meets :D
[/quote]
Well, that's one way to put it. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts