FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
I have a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid which I purchased new in 2009. This car has been fantastic getting approximately 37 MPG over the past 10 years. Over the past 3 months I had noticed the gas engine running more than it should and I saw my mileage drop to under 30 MPG. My driving habits hadn't changed so I finally took it in the Ford dealer to see if they could make any sense of it.
After two days of testing various things, the head tech found the following in the OASIS system, which I guess is used for recalls and other technical things. The symptom is labeled as Reduce Electric Vehicle Operation. It affects others besides just the fusion hybrid. They said that engineering is investigating it.

I'm trying to find a way to see if the Engineers are really looking into this problem and if so how often do they make an update to the OASIS database. I reached out to Ford Service on Twiiter as to what is the best way to try and stay updated on this. They told me to keep contacting my local dealer for any updates. I'm thinking of doing this once a month, but I was looking for any other ideas on how to track this.

I want to know if the engineers are really trying to look into this, especially since my car is 10 years old now. If the engineers are not going to try and correct this, then it may cause me to decide if I want to trade the car in or not. I would prefer not to since everything else is great with this car.

ANy ideas from anyone?
Tnanks.

Here is what the OASIS database says. This comes from my receipt when I picked up my car.

Condition Customer States GAS ENGINE IS COMMING ON MORE OFTEN THAN USUALL, CLIENT
STATES HE HAS LOST ABUOT 10 MPH OVER THE PAST 3 MO. Check and Advise

Cause
Correction 2010-2012 Fusion HEV, 2010-2011 Milan HEV, 2011-2012 MKZ REV - Reduced ElectricVehicle
Operation Some 2010-2012 Fusion hybrid electric vehicle (HEV), 2010-2011 Milan HEV and
2011-2012 MKZ HEV vehicles may experience reduced electric vehicle operation and increased
gasoline engine operation. Do not attempt repairs at this time. Engineering is investigating, monitor
OASIS for updates.
TRIM / MISC CONCERN / REPAIR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts