FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed redline tunings hood struts. A little nerve racking to drill 10 holes into my car, but well worth it. They look and work excellent. Highly recommended! Unfortunately still don't know how to post pictures. :D

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
You need to be pretty damn accurate. Its a relatively easy, just takes some finesse.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I will have to make sure I use some new sharp drill bits. Nothing is worse then drill bits skating across metal!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=rmayes link=topic=85163.msg1609585#msg1609585 date=1186153841]
I will have to make sure I use some new sharp drill bits. Nothing is worse then drill bits skating across metal!
[/quote]

Center punch it. That is the best way on something like that. Like you said you do not want that bit to walk around at all.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
The only thing that was nerve racking for me was once you broke through the hole, the drill bit wanted to pull straight through to the hood side. :tense: Just be extra careful, take it slow, and you will do just fine. :goodjob:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I didn't have any problems installing mine. Just make sure to check your measurements twice. It was a real easy install.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought the more expensive ones, I like the colour better and if I remember right I think they have an extra wiper seal, butdon't quote me on that. I think the warranty is also longer. Also, in the installation sheet it offers a tip to paint the inside of the holes you drilled with colour match paint, which isn't a bad idea instead of having bare metal against aluminum(rivets). On their site you can download the install instructions before you even order the struts so you can prep yourself.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Great, one more thing to add to my ever increasing to-do list....

I'm giving this one some serious consideration.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.