FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering if anyone who has this rim and tire combination knows what width of spacer works best. I already have the hubcentric rings on order but didn't know what size spacers I would need. They will be for a 2006 fusion. I've read 8mm and 15mm but not sure.
Thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
It all depends on the offset of the wheel.
What ff said.

That aside, is there a particular reason you want to run that size?
That tire size is 2" larger in overall diameter than stock, which will 'eff with the factory recommended final gear ratio, and totally screw with your speedometer.....

.....(Example....your speedo will show 72mph, but you'll really be going 78 or so, and the State Police wont care about your new tires/wheels causing it).....

Will also work the tranny harder to accelerate from a dead stop, and work the brakes harder to slow down and stop...every single time you start and stop.....just physics.

It will also mess up the odometer, and put the car 1" higher off the ground.

1" doesn't sound like much, but I did a similar thing a few years ago, only raised the car up 5/8" or so, and I couldn't stand the way it looked.
A little bit makes a big difference.

If you're going for the 'donk' look, you'd be well on your way.
If that's your cup of tea, go for it, just thought you might want to know the facts.

Good luck whatever you do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Definitely not going for the donk look. I picked up the rims and that's what size of tire was on there. There 2011 mustang gt rims, I know 245/40 or 35's would probably be ideal. Maybe Ill try and get some 40's then. Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
So how did it go?

Definitely not going for the donk look. I picked up the rims and that's what size of tire was on there. There 2011 mustang gt rims, I know 245/40 or 35's would probably be ideal. Maybe Ill try and get some 40's then. Thanks
So how did it go with your car? Did you stick with the 245-45-19 Mustang tires? Did you take any pictures? I'd like to see how it looked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts