FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my fiancé is a mechanic and he does most of the work on my vehicle.... Recently, maybe about 1 week or 2 ago he changed my oil and when draining the old oil out noticed that there were metal shavings in the oil pan... Now mind you all this isn’t the 1st time this has happen it’s the 2nd time oil shavings have been found in the old oil.. first time I got the oil change was a local garage and they told me about it... they didn’t really say anything about it or what may cause this.... So with this being the 2nd time I’m really starting to get concerned.... I’ve tried looking for answers but couldn’t seem to get one.. So if anyone here in this group can please hopefully give me some answers to what may be the cause, the possible effects, and what can I do possibly?

·
Registered
2012 SEL 2.5
43 Posts
Shelby
Sorry for the news. What motor and year do you have? Can't help without this information.
This forum is really bad for not making people tell others.
I'm back and found your year 2012 SEL. Found motor size 2.5.
The only thing I can suggest is to do a couple of oil changes with cheap oil. Drive it 100 miles and drain oil a cheap flush. Keep checking the drain plug for metal shavings.
There are a lot of cheap used 2.5 motors out there. You could take it to the dealer and see what they can tell you. The auto store might have an engine oil-flush kit.
By the way, on FB there is a 2010 to 2012 ford fusion forum with some smarter than me guys there. Maybe they can help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts