FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just seen it!! :shock:

I want one. I'm pretty sur eit was the 3d carbon one. The car had the body kit on it but it was missing the trunk spoiler. They aslo had another one that had the body kit on it with out a spoiler and the rear valance was falling off. It looked like crap. The black strip was on the car and the valance was half way hanging off.

Any how, is there any other place that I can get that window spoiler? does any one on here have one?

Would it be ok to run the trunk and window 3d carbon spoilers?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
This is the 3d carbon one I saw at last years Carlisle ford show. I have been toying around with the idea of getting one myself.

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What does it cost and would it look ricey to have the lip spoiler on the trunk and window?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I think it looks good together. I don't think it costs too much for the top spoiler but, you then need to get it painted.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=77264.msg1409363#msg1409363 date=1179176301]
This site has it for 200 bucks. Can be painted for another 120. Not a bad deal.

http://www.lmperformance.com/6864/85.html

[/quote]

Call me cheap, but that seems awfully expensive for something that isn't all that functional. You can get a 4 piece 3D Carbon kit (without the rear window spoiler) for a little under $800. Something seems out of whack to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the look and it looks so clean, but I wouldn't pay more than maybe $100-$120 for it unpainted.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Who painted it for 30 bucks? That's a good deal.

Also, does this just adhere to your window with 3M tape?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=77264.msg1556552#msg1556552 date=1184383513]
Who painted it for 30 bucks? That's a good deal.

Also, does this just adhere to your window with 3M tape?
[/quote]

I know the body shop guys were the work was done... Yes it adheres with 3M tape although 3DCarbon instructions are very specific on NOT getting any paint on the back of the spoiler or else the tape will not stick or if it does it will pull up the paint that did get on the back of it. They are also very specific to say clean both the window area and spoiler with lacquer thinner to promote good adhesion. I have read alot of complaints about the 3DCarbon trunk spoiler coming loose after several months and my personal opinion is it usually is a direct result from not following the instructions exactly as stated. After I followed the instructions I also went the extra step of using a 3M adhesion promoter for best results.

I taped the back area of my window spoiler before I took it to the paint shop to make sure no paint got on the back of it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I LOVE mine, and it cost 100 bucks PAINTED AND DELIVERED.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Got it from Sportwing - http://sportwing.com/ - to my knowledge it's not on their website (or wasn't about 4 months ago). Very nice design - looks awesome. I have a few other pics from further away in my gallery, such as:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Oh, and I reinforce.....REINFORCE....what FusedUp said about the adhering stuff. I bought the lip spoiler and the window spoiler within about a week of each other (bought the lip spoiler first). Well, the lip spoiler is currently in my garage, waiting for a rainy day when I have a few HOURS (if not an entire day) to scrape off the old 3M tape and put new tape on it. I installed this spoiler on my trunk. It looked good and adhered well for about..............................2 weeks? Then started to come loose, and then almost fell off. In the meantime, I installed the window spoiler and used the promoter fluid (or whatever it was - almost smelled like oranges or "Goo B Gone" solution). I feel the lip spoiler is JOINED to my car.

So, if you're going to do a lip spoiler, window spoiler, or WHATEVER - the promoter or enhancer fluid is a MUST to put on the paint job RIGHT BEFORE applying the piece to your car. In addition, making sure that part of your car is practically BUFFED clean is an absolute necessity as well.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=77264.msg1587230#msg1587230 date=1185428658]
I LOVE mine, and it cost 100 bucks PAINTED AND DELIVERED.

[/quote]

I wasn't attracted to the window spoilers at first because of the flat design, but this one :love:, I want. Where did you get it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts