FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's where i need some guidance. To add a prelude to this, I have search very throughly and the best info i found was on this site and hence why i joined it. I have a 2008 Mercury Milan Premier I4, I have the sync and audiophile rear deck 2 ohm 6x9 subs. Now im simply adding 2 12 inch w0v2's and a JL360 amp. now im using a LOC and connected the 2 channels at the 6x9 subs, seemed so simple with rear subs only a few inches above my box i could connect in and go, now i started to have amp issues from the start, it was kicking into protect and came to find out its not 2 ohm stable, but in my searching i found questions about whether to tap into the wires before the factory amp or after.

Im using a LOC25L Line out Converter by Scosche. (cant post the link) and i wondered if this was part of other issues i noticed, i needed to find the wiring color diagram for the rear amp but couldnt, then i found them on here and registered and looked at the post. now my question is there is a group of several wires bolted to a common ground spot right by where the amp is, i cant find a diagram for these, also i need to know what to do about only having one channel to tap into that is coming into the amp from the HU, so am i only going to have one channel that my LOC connects to or can i tap both my channels to the same one channel input?

i orginally had them connected to the two channels coming out, i just tapped into the connection at the speaker for each 6x9. so to test i tapped into the one channel coming in to the amp and got nothing. I couldnt get anything to come out of the amp. So basically im chasing the dragon here. I have sound quality issues and amp issues and im not sure where my problems are and im working through isolating each component, to do that i need the wirig diagrams. And if anyone knows of problems with this? I have 2 4 ohm subs, my amp isnt stable at 2 ohm bridged, so i have to run both channels one to each sub, when i have one channel connected its fine for the one sub, but if i connect the second channel the sound output drops in half, like i just turned the gain off. trying to keep everything factory to keep the sync and stuff so i was just trying to add some bump in the trunk for a few bucks. ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts