FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a rear spoiler for my Milan. Mostly so I can get rid of the HUGH brake light that obstructs the view out the rear window. I am looking at this one on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=140143673206&rd=1

Anyone have any experience with it? It is suppose to be an exact copy of the factory spoiler. I want the spoiler to be as low as possible so it is not at all or barely visible in the rear view mirror. Any input or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How visible is it through the rear view?

·
Registered
933 Posts
What do you plan to do with the open space after the "huge brake light" is removed? Doesn't the rear deck cover go around it?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured on making some sort of cover. Not quite sure how or out of what yet. I am thinking along the lines of covering a piece of thin wood or sheet metal with fabric. Someone else painted a piece of sheet metal and put a Ford logo. I will skip the logo though (just not my style).

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I respect the hell out of Slater for his mods and what he does and brings to these boards but wouldn't that hunk of metal in the back deck be hell in a wreck? I think it looks ok and everything but I'd hate to have that thing picked out of the back of my skull! Maybe it's bolted down somehow idk? I was thinking of doing the same thing but I'd like to see some alternative fixes for the hole.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well, my initial thought when Slater made this mod was "Why doesn't he just go to an upholstery shop and buy cover material to stretch over the entire back?" Then when I found out how hard it was to match the Camel color, I understood. Of course you can always just take it up the rear and order the entire back decking from the dealership (version without third brake light) and spend a fortune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts