FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think I am going to update the rear doors. I got Alpine components in the fronts, and set my fader to most of the front... BUT... even with the fader up front the rear still sounds like "mud". Its not matching up. The rear fill is muddy while the fronts are crystal clear.

So my next upgrade will be to get some alpine rears to match the fronts for a good rear fill, and an amp to run the fronts to push the fronts a bit more.

Im not going for kick ass quality... my wallet doesnt go that deep so I am comprimising. I have to buy a new iPod too because my dock connector broke :(

·
Registered
221 Posts
How about polk DB570's. I ran them before and they sound great. They were perfect fit 5x7s. They were amplified with 75W rms. They took the power very well and sounded really crystal clear and loud. I only upgraded them because I was used to the upstage imaging of components in my previous car. Sound quality was exxcellent for that price point. I highly reccomend them. They are like $100 at CC.

I acctually still have that extra 2 pairs of polk db570s; I wouldn't mind selling them. Those are in flawless condition; they were in my car less than 90 days. Let me know if you might be interested.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i was thinking about that, but i want them to match up with my alpine components i got in the front so thats why im sticking with alpine for the rear.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You can't go wrong with Alpine. Alpine's car audio line is really strong. Nice H/Us, good amps, great subs, and of course great speakers. They make very nice sounding speakers that can handle amp power and not distrort. I would probabily reccomend Alphine type s. Type R is better but almost 2x the price. for that much money get another pair of components. Really Type R with less than 50 W RMS is a waste of money. Type S is more effecient and will sound better at lower power.

Good luck.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i installed the type s 5 x 7 components in the front. gonna get type s 5 x 7 coaxs for the rears for fill. As for powering them i think i might just power my components... I might just leave my alpine iva-w200 head to power the rears.

ditto on the type rs ;)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I installed the new rears and it does sound a bit better.

One of the major problems im having is with my head. The alpine is great but it doesnt come with an band EQ... just bass and treble and a few adjustments. It sucks, but then again a comparable pioneer is $1500.. which is about the same as if i was to add the alpine eq processor to mine. I think that is going to be my next upgrade so I really can control the EQ, timing, cuttoffs and much more.

After that its just the alpine blackbird nav and i am complete :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts