FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I just replaced my 2010 Fusions rear shocks with Gabriel Ultra's, I am currently at 128k and it was way over due! Besides the tight fit to remove the upper mount with 3 bolts the job was completed relatively easily. When I went for a test ride I noticed my passenger side rear started to rattle and is only audible wen going over bumps. Before the change I heard no clunking or rattling from either side. After this drive I went back over all of the mounting bolts and found them all to be tight(when the suspension was under no load. At this point I an scratching my head. what else should I look at for?

The only only piece I can think of is the eyelet on the shocks that bolt to the suspension may have play. Or more more likely my original bolts(which did look heavily rusted) need to be replaced due to wear over 10+ years of winter salt. This wear is causing the rattling sound when going over bumps.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick update: Found the issue my passenger side bolt that goes through the eyelet was not torque down enough. After finding a thread stating spec's for torque should be 76 ft. lbs. I retightened to those specs essentially locking in the shock to have minimal movement and re-installed. Sound has since gone away and I am enjoying s smooth quiet ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts