FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was just wondering for all those that did their rear shocks, how the heck were you able to tighten this bolt and nut to 76lb-ft with out it being attached to the vehicle , did you use some vice to hold the rear shock down as you tightened or an extra pair of hand help please anyone

·
Registered
60 Posts
The upper nut on the shock is not torqued to 76 ft lbs, the lower arm bolts are torqued to that value. The upper nut on the shock should be torqued to 30 ft lbs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you are both mistaken am talking about the REAR not the front i know the front center nut is about 30 but am talking abot ReaR shock upper nut and bolt i know the angle must be atleast 118 degs from the making on the rear shock , can anyone that has actuall done rear shock peach in here with how the tightne the FWD rear upper nut and bolt to 76

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fattbot if you are on here hellllp?

Re: rear shock absorber upper nut and bolt tighten?????? how do u tighten this bolt on the rear shock to 76 without putting it in a vice anyone help

·
Registered
187 Posts
I tightened it with an air gun. around 76 and I put it at the sweet spot angle and painstaking and patiently turned and twisted the upper mount until I could bolt it down. I say good luck my friend.

·
Registered
2012 SEL 2.5
280 Posts
was just wondering for all those that did their rear shocks, how the heck was you able to tighten this bolt and nut to 76lb-ft without it being attached to the vehicle, did you use some vice to hold the rear shock down as you tightened or an extra pair of hand help please anyone
Typical no year and motor size no AWD or front-wheel drive. How do you expect help when you tell us all

·
Administrator
6,112 Posts
Hi gang. Instead of resurrecting long dead threads, sometimes it is helpful to take a look at how long ago the last responses were before we bother trying to help/posting. The original thread is 12+ years old...and no one had posted for 12+ years until yesterday.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2008 Fusion SE 2.4L FWD - - I feel your pain - there's a few threads out there that show the process, but if you look most of them cut out the part where the upper bracket is being positioned.... Not sure why Ford went with this design. I will say it was a patience tester and a lot of trial and error. The key for mine was the angle of the bracket - I ended up loosening the bolt so the bracket angle was able to be adjusted... after a few tries I marked the angle and then took it back out to torque the bolt down.... It still took a awhile to get it in place..........

Also the lower shock bolt was rusted to the bushing on the RH side - Ended up cutting it out - Driver side I was able to remove the bolt with a Pitman puller - Hopefully my daughter will enjoy the ride now :

Good Luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts