FordFusionClub.com banner

Rear Main Seal Leaking Oil

8K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sport_trac_drew 
#1 ·
Started noticing oil drops on my garage floor under my SE V6 a while back. Took it to the dealer and they put die in the oil to show up under black light, and told me to drive it until my next oil change. We suspected at the time it was just an oil pan leak. Today I left the car at the dealer to check it out. They tell me that it is the rear main seal, and they have ordered parts. They loaned me an 06 Taurus to drive for the next few days until repairs are done. It may just be a fluke, but it is really bugging me that this problem has shown up already. I do feel better about spending the extra $$$ for a 100,000 mile extended warranty at this point.

I noticed that the Taurus has a cassette player, drum rear brakes, no steering wheel audio controls, no dual exhaust, cheaper looking intereior, cheaper wheels, and stickers for $1,000 more than my Fusion did. Go figure.

Discussion starter · #2 ·
Well, finally got my car back today. They kept it since Friday, and the official report is that both the rear main seal and the oil pan gasket were leaking. I drove an 06 loaner Taurus for six days, and the differences between it and the Fusion are like night and day! The Taurus is slower, noisier, harsher, doesn't corner as good, seats aren't as supportive, interior quality isn't as good,..... The only positives about the Taurus are more head room and better rear visibility. I love this car! It actually seems to drive better than before they worked on it, but maybe that's just because I have been in the Taurus for six days. Hope they didn't have any parts left over when they put the engine back in.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.