FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/rant

Having a problem with rear end wobble. It happens when hitting small patch of ice with RR tire, also when I hit larger sized pot holes with the right, the rear kicks to the right quite a bit. Driving on grooved pavement is a death wish, it shimmies left and right like no ones business.when driving on ice at slow speeds the rear end wanders all over the place. this problem goes back to a year ago when I was driving on the interstate with tires that were not bad amount of wear on them, it was raining hard, I'm driving with the flow of traffic same speed as everyone else, but everytime i hit a puddle the car would just sway back and forth and hydroplane like crazy, but that incident i think can be left out because I cannot completely rule out tires on that one, but every, and I mean every other car was flying by me at least 5x as fast as I was going, so fast it was dangerous for me to be in their way, even semis were flying by me at light speed it seemed...

First thing I did was have it aligned. Still same issue, so then I bought some brand new Michelin Defender tires, good ratings, expensive.. then I inspected rear end, shocks leaking, replaced both rear shocks with new Ford ones. Same issue still. next the Toe link bushing on right side seemed loose. Replaced that, alignment was close as i marked where they were at and measured etc visually looked at difference from rear to front and it was pretty much the same. RR camber seems a little too negative, will have it aligned again eventually, but this is so severe i cant see this as being too much neg camber on one side. Also went ahead and replaced the RR LCA (Huge PITA, BTW) took me 3 days to do it. issue persists, but I noticed the UCA arm to frame bush has seen better days... Also replaced front struts... replaced Sway bar endlinks on all 4.. only thing left to do now is UCA for right rear, and get alignment. Any ideas for what could be causing this issue? too much rear toe in perhaps? could UCA bushing being loose cause such a problem? it seems like only when the pothole is large enough to cause the wheel to hop a bit is when it kicks out to the right on me.. strange but it's not normal, ive driven other cars and this is not normal at all, i am determined to fix this issue, and money will not stand in the way of me having a safe ride! GRR

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am currently trying to identify my issue too, seems pretty similar did rear struts, wheel bearings, and tried to wiggle wheels but I don't feel movement on any of the arms that feel severe but I got a kinda sluggish gutter going on and also used to have a bad rumble until I did the struts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts