FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your Fusion have any rattles that are annoying?? Perhaps we can help eachother source the sounds and possible fixes!!

A few I have -

Rearview Mirror. Replaced under warranty. Still rattles. It’s the mirror assembly itself. The bezel that holds the mirror glass in place doesn’t seem tight. This causes slight vibration of glass and an annoying rattle. My fix was super glue on the top edge and clamps until dry.

clicky/rattle on dashboard near base of windshield. I think it’s the dash itself in the driver side corner where the windshield meets the dash. If I press down (just above the VIN Number) while driving it goes away and seems to stay away until the car rests for a couple hours.. I am going to try a small roll up of black electrical tape to create “pressure” in that area to see if it helps..

Rattling back pass seat area. No idea where this is coming from. It can be quite annoying. Still seeking cause.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ohhhh yes.

1. Storage bin/center speaker area. Theres some small piece of plastic or a tiny pebble somewhere in the speaker or right under the storage bin that rattles. If I press on the speaker/lid, it goes away temporarily. I can hear it shifting around if i take a sharp corner. Need to get to the bottom of it.

2. Center console/cupholder area. Around 75-80 MPH I get a really strange rattle sound. It's almost like it hits a resonant frequency at those speeds. I need to get a video of it for the sound.

3. Intermittent faint rattle around the steering wheel somewhere. Comes and goes. Can barely hear it though.

·
Registered
313 Posts
My door pull creeks on my drivers side. Add any pressure to it and it goes away. The fix is in the works though as we speak.
Of course I have the squeek from the blower motor that plagues these cars lol

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sun visors rattle in their clips.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Whilst trying to find the root cause of the "buzzing" noise I hear at highway speeds from under the cupholder area, I stumbled upon this on the corvette forums oddly enough ImageUploadedByAG Free1399407834.711085.jpg

I'm going to have to look into this over the weekend because it's pissing me off to no end. I dissected the center console today and the noise is still present so I'm truly hoping it's a pebble between the unibody and heatshield. Seems entirely plausible.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have started to hear a muffled popping noise, very intermittent, sometimes frequent, when car is moving. Sounds like it is coming from the base of my seat driver's seat). Car is a '14 Titanium, non-hybrid. Sound is like I am making popcorn inside of a burlap bag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but I ave a 16 SE that has multiple rattles. The dash, glove box, center console under the arm rest and in front of the shifter, steering column and A pillar at passenger side. It has been to the dealer 4 separate times, 3 times they claimed they could not duplicate it, 4th time they claimed they fixed it. It was rattling the second I pulled out of the service department. I currently have papers folded and shoved into multiple crevices. The only rattle left that I cannot eliminate is in the console under the arm rest. Has anyone solved their issues with rattles, if so, where were they and what did you do? Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Being that it's a bran new car I would keep taking it back to them. Maybe take one of the guys on a ride with you and point it out specifically. These guys get very lazy when it comes to warranty work. Sometimes you have to be stern with them. I have a 14 se and I don't have any rattles (I got lucky). But if I did ,being that I paid hard earned money for a new car, I wouldn't want rattles nor would I want to have to fold paper and shove in crevices to fix it. Take it back and tell them to fix it or replace the car. These are the reason manufacturers give warranties with new cars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Both my 2007 Fusion and my wife's previous 2007 Escape have a clicking noise coming from the steering column, usually when going over moderately rough roads. I know there was a TSB for F-150's about this that replaced the steering intermediate shaft.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It has been in and out twice, totaling a month in the service department. They went on multiple test drives, heard everything, assured me they would fix it and each time i picked it up I got the dreaded "cannot duplicate customer concern"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does your Fusion have any rattles that are annoying?? Perhaps we can help eachother source the sounds and possible fixes!!

A few I have -

Rearview Mirror. Replaced under warranty. Still rattles. It’s the mirror assembly itself. The bezel that holds the mirror glass in place doesn’t seem tight. This causes slight vibration of glass and an annoying rattle. My fix was super glue on the top edge and clamps until dry.

clicky/rattle on dashboard near base of windshield. I think it’s the dash itself in the driver side corner where the windshield meets the dash. If I press down (just above the VIN Number) while driving it goes away and seems to stay away until the car rests for a couple hours.. I am going to try a small roll up of black electrical tape to create “pressure” in that area to see if it helps..

Rattling back pass seat area. No idea where this is coming from. It can be quite annoying. Still seeking cause.
I have the rattling in the back passenger area. Any ideas what’s causing it?

·
Registered
4 Posts

A few I have -

So my 2010s dash vibrates very audibly when I'm in gear but stopped at red-light or drive thru but when I shift to park it all but stops

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a few also

1 the rearview mirror plastic around the camera.

2 gas filler door.

3 back license plate.

ahanix1989 would love to know what the black putty stuff is called I have been looking for it for some time now
my noises are most likely caused by the 12 inch sub I have added in my trunk.

also have a hissing sound or air leak from by the gas tank under car is this a breather line for the tank ?
I don't have and codes showing so I figue it is supposed to do this but it is annoying none the less.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts