FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
Any ideas what this might be? 2009 Fusion SE, 80,000 mi approx.
2009 Fusion engine rattle
Hi lil'ebull. Sounds like it could be the ticking of a high pressure fuel injector, but it is difficult to tell over the Internet. Do you have a shop/tech/mechanic you can trust to listen and give an honest opinion?

Keep us updated and good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. Car was recently purchased (six months or so ago) so we don't have anyone we have taken it to yet. Trying to avoid taking it to the dealer without knowing what it might be.

If you're standing there, it seems to be coming directly from that pulley -- power steering pulley, maybe?

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
Thanks for the response. Car was recently purchased (six months or so ago) so we don't have anyone we have taken it to yet. Trying to avoid taking it to the dealer without knowing what it might be.

If you're standing there, it seems to be coming directly from that pulley -- power steering pulley, maybe?
Hi lil'ebull. That is possible, but I personally can not tell from the video.

What I do hear sounds like it may be a fuel injector tick, which is normal with the high pressure fuel injectors on a DI (Direct Injection) engines. They can be loud in the first place, and some just get louder with age.

Just a suggestion: You don't need to bring it to a Ford Dealer. If you stop by most any decent auto shop and ask them to come listen, they should be able to give you a good idea.

I'm sure others will jump in with their own ideas and advice.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What direct injection engine is there from Ford in 2009? With only the corner of the engine I guess that is the 2.3? Some years 3.0 have an issue with a cam cap coming loose and sounding similar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts