FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my tuner in the mail today, and it came with a chrome SCT badge to put on your car, like where the fusion lettering is. Has anyone done this, and have pictures of it? I'm just curious how it would look on the car.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I threw mine out. If the Ford dealer were to see that on my car when I bring it in for....whatever, say bye bye to my warranty.

While it may look cool, think hard about possible drawbacks if you still have a warranty.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow... good point man. I didn't think of the warranty thing. Guess I'll just stick it on my Guitar Hero controller! LOL!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well, I've been told by my service guy in the dealership (I know him personally and even have lunch with him from time to time) that they would have to PROVE that the tune caused the failure. Proving WITHOUT A DOUBT that the failure was due to the code is almost impossible, since every part is possible for failure both with and without the tune. In his 15 year career, he says that he has dealt with 1-2 dozen Mustangs and F150's that had issues that were questionably caused by aftermarket tunes and they were all covered through warranty even though they had aftermarkets loaded on the vehicle at the time.

He said that the best thing to do is to load the stock tune back before servicing because it will piss the guys off if you have an aftermarket tune when they jack the vehicle in. But, if you're caught with it in the dealership it's not like they're going to take pictures of your LP, mark down your VIN number and black list you. Hell, HE had a Mustang GT that HE chipped and I know that other service guys there have chips for their cars too. I met the #1 tranny guy who serviced the transmission in my F150 every 50K and he offered to come up with some tunes for the F150.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good. I was a little worried about the warranty thing.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I mean, still I wouldn't pull into the dealership with an aftermarket tune loaded on the car unless it was completely inevitable. But if you had an SCT emblem on the back I don't think they would really mind. It's not like they could prove that the SCT emblem made your engine explode!!!

I mean, one person put SVT on the back of their car - to me that's really the same kind of thing.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I guess it depends on the dealership. I know for a fact, that if I brought my ride to my dealer with an SCT emblem on the car, they would give me shit and try to void my warranty. I know that they couldn't do it, but it would save me a bunch of BS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.