FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got mine in today. Was not hard at all took me just over 30 mins to install it with hand tools and with the back of the car on wraps in my driveway so this is something that anyone can do. But here is something that i ran into that did list in the instructions and so far i do not think anyone has talked about. On the end links you have to (or at least i did) use a 3/16th allen wrench in the end along with a 14mm or 9/16th wrench to remove the nut as the endlink just spins with the nut. Mine was rusted so that may have been part of the issue but here is a pix of what i am talking about and some other pix of the install. ***Edit***Just came back from test drive and all i can say is HOLY SH!T. What a diff all the new susp parts have made. There is a place right outside of down the goes to the fairgrouds and it is a very tight "S" turn so i took that at a good speed and just as the front started push the back end popped out and it came around the corner great. Love it if you can everyone needs to upgrade there rear bar.***

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Slater, I had a similar experience with the endlinks on the front bar when doing my spring install. Thanksfully Thereisnospoon's links were in good shape and didnt' require the allen wrench.

When are you coming down to Texas? Mark and I have plenty of practice on springs, we could get them installed in two hours now :lol:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=94368.msg1846450#msg1846450 date=1194803297]
Slater, I had a similar experience with the endlinks on the front bar when doing my spring install. Thanksfully Thereisnospoon's links were in good shape and didnt' require the allen wrench.

When are you coming down to Texas? Mark and I have plenty of practice on springs, we could get them installed in two hours now :lol:
[/quote]

My sister is wanting us to come and see her so hopefully spring to summer of next year i will make it to TX will have to meet up when i finally make it out there. i will give it another winter with the stockers before i drop the car down. I have done a lot to the car this week with the Front Strut Tower Bar, H Brace, Kenwood Deck, rear Sway bar and installed Black Step Bars on my wifes 07 Dakota.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=94368.msg1846556#msg1846556 date=1194808571]

My sister is wanting us to come and see her so hopefully spring to summer of next year i will make it to TX will have to meet up when i finally make it out there. i will give it another winter with the stockers before i drop the car down. I have done a lot to the car this week with the Front Strut Tower Bar, H Brace, Kenwood Deck, rear Sway bar and installed Black Step Bars on my wifes 07 Dakota.
[/quote]

Sounds good. You have done a lot, kinda like Mark yesterday. We got new rear spring seats installed, rear sway bar, all 4 dampers, Steeda Intake, side marker mod and tunes done. I don't have the cash for all of that, but I'm glad Mark did, was a fun install day.

Your sister lives in Tyler, right? We could meet up in Terrell or so (about halfway between here and there).

How you liking the sway bar? Mark's Progress bar was much stouter than the stock bar.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=94368.msg1846597#msg1846597 date=1194810275]
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=94368.msg1846556#msg1846556 date=1194808571]

[/quote]

Sounds good. You have done a lot, kinda like Mark yesterday. We got new rear spring seats installed, rear sway bar, all 4 dampers, Steeda Intake, side marker mod and tunes done. I don't have the cash for all of that, but I'm glad Mark did, was a fun install day.

Your sister lives in Tyler, right? We could meet up in Terrell or so (about halfway between here and there).

How you liking the sway bar? Mark's Progress bar was much stouter than the stock bar.
[/quote]

Ya i do not have a ton of cash as well i normally only add stuff once every 3 months when i get my bonus check at work. so that is why i am doing just a little at a time. As for the rear bar WOW what a diff it makes. Cannot wait to get the good end links for it and will make it just that much better. The stock bar is a tooth pick compared to the racing beat. I was going to go with the progress rear bar because i have had good luck with that company but since the racing beat bar was larger (27mm vs 24mm) and i got it for $132 shipped it was alittle cheaper than the progress as well. In my mind it was a win win. I just cannot wait to get new springs for my car. It handles so nice right now it is only going to get better. As for shocks and Struts i am going to wait until Koni comes out with some before i get them. And i can never remember what town my sister lives in off the top of my head i just always remember it is about an hour from Dallas and an hour and a half from DFW air port. I have never been to her new house. She live in houston for many years and have been there but not to sure what town outside of Dallas it is.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:( :( Well i just ordered my Racing Beat Rear End Links. My pass side end link is popping when i hit a bump or in a little bit of a hard turn in. From what i read on the 6 forums this is common with the stockers they are just not strong enough to handle the 27mm rear bar. I was hoping not to have to buy them but oh well. So my suggestion would be if you are upgrading your rear bar pony up the cash up front so you do not have to do the install all over again like i will have to do.
https://www.racingbeat.com/FRmazda6.htm

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=94368.msg1846450#msg1846450 date=1194803297]

[/quote]

HA!!! LOL...no kidding. We need to put a sign out on I-35 telling all Fusion owners who want a better stance on their cars to exit on 170-Alliance and we can set 'em up in the Cabela's parking lot for a very reasonable fee :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=94368.msg1856635#msg1856635 date=1195140916]
:( :( Well i just ordered my Racing Beat Rear End Links. My pass side end link is popping when i hit a bump or in a little bit of a hard turn in. From what i read on the 6 forums this is common with the stockers they are just not strong enough to handle the 27mm rear bar. I was hoping not to have to buy them but oh well. So my suggestion would be if you are upgrading your rear bar pony up the cash up front so you do not have to do the install all over again like i will have to do.

[/quote]I also picked up the RB end links a week after the fact but for the more discerning buyer, ask mrc ;) you have these from the RPM store (http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=435):

I myself may opt for these down the road...

:cheers:

Gov

p.s. btw Dan, excellent layout and pix, well done!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya i wanted to get the ones that mrc has but just could not justify getting those when they are $90 and the RB's are $40. If it were one of my autocross or road race cars i would have popped for the better ones but for a street driver and something i may autocross a couple times i just do not need ones that are that heavy duty.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Hey, sorry I missed this. Yes, I have the AWR end links. These things are beefy. I never ran with the stockers or the Racing Beat end links but I will tell you these do the job. I'll take a pic when it stops raining and post it. I have a few pics I want to post anyway...including my black Ford emblems.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=mrc link=topic=94368.msg1876190#msg1876190 date=1196032630]
Hey, sorry I missed this. Yes, I have the AWR end links. These things are beefy. I never ran with the stockers or the Racing Beat end links but I will tell you these do the job. I'll take a pic when it stops raining and post it. I have a few pics I want to post anyway...including my black Ford emblems.

[/quote]

ya the AWR endlinks look great and you will never break one, but i think the Racing Beat endlinks will work. Got them i on Wed but have not had a chance to install them yet. They look like stock but they are def stronger. There is not play on the sway bar end and that will help a ton.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Slater, let me know how the endlink install goes. I still have my OE endlinks with all screws/nuts attached, so I don't know if I need to do this mod now. Then again, my Progress RSB is still a few mm smaller than yours.

Eventually I'll probably break down and get them. For the price, the racing beat endlinks seem to be a better choice.

Hell, there appears to be no end in sight.......there are aftermarket rotors, and then on the other side there are aftermarket endlinks, and sway bars..........now the ultimate question is - are there aftermarket lower arms for this thing? :lol:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=94368.msg1879257#msg1879257 date=1196134731]
Slater, let me know how the endlink install goes. I still have my OE endlinks with all screws/nuts attached, so I don't know if I need to do this mod now. Then again, my Progress RSB is still a few mm smaller than yours.

Eventually I'll probably break down and get them. For the price, the racing beat endlinks seem to be a better choice.

Hell, there appears to be no end in sight.......there are aftermarket rotors, and then on the other side there are aftermarket endlinks, and sway bars..........now the ultimate question is - are there aftermarket lower arms for this thing? :lol:
[/quote]

Will let you know what happens. As for no end in site i can agree with that. I have so many things on the wish list it is not even funny. but i think my springs are next. i have to get that thing dropped down. i have been wanting to get the AG springs but with all the other susp stuff i have done now i think i may have to go with the steeda spring just so i know that they will handle well when and if i take the fusion to an autocross or track day.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Question. Is there ANY downside to getting the AWR beefy end links? I'm still undecided on what combination of parts will end up under the car. I will say this about the price.... if someone told you that you're handling would improve by spending an extra 50 bucks, it would sound like a good deal. Of course if the Racing Beat end links were did "the same" job, then I see that point too.

·
Registered
982 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=94368.msg1856635#msg1856635 date=1195140916]

[/quote]

Did the RB end links help with your popping sound? I've started noticing the same noise on mine, whether hitting a long dip in the road or going over speedbumps.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote author=swooshUSN link=topic=94368.msg1958464#msg1958464 date=1199157972]

[/quote]

Did the RB end links help with your popping sound? I've started noticing the same noise on mine, whether hitting a long dip in the road or going over speedbumps.
[/quote]

yep that was the same thing that happened to me. They did help and no more popping. the RB endlinks work great.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Welp tonight while turning into my driveway, I heard a thunk and got out and looked and damn, sure enuf the lower outer covering on the passenger side end link just broke...

the end link itself seems to be relatively secure so long as I don't do any auto xing turns :p In the meantime I just did what I should've done in the first place and that was ordering the AWR end links so shouldn't be long, will post up once done...

Update: I'm more than curious now that RB no longer lists their end links, probably went back to R&D :ugh:

Gov

·
Registered
514 Posts

[/quote]Yo Matt, have your end links made much noise over bumps much? tnx.

Gov

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
[quote author=Governator link=topic=94368.msg2003507#msg2003507 date=1200632888]

[/quote]Yo Matt, have your end links made much noise over bumps much? tnx.

Gov
[/quote]

No noise whatsoever.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts