FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had one of the nuts pop off the shackles that hold the rear sway bar on?

When I had the RB rear sway bar put on it popped the nut off the driver side shackle after a day or 2.

I ordered a pair of shackles and nuts (from Ford) and had it replaced at a client's auto shop (the one that put the sway bar in originally) and now a few months later the nut popped off again. I watched them replace it and they used loc-tite and made sure it was tightened correctly.

In comparison to the stock sway bar, where it mounts to the shackle is considerably thicker and I am wondering if it has to do with it falling off. When the nut is tightened the threads stick out 1 or 2 past the plastic log on the nut.

I am just about to have the stock sway bar put back on and not worry about it anymore. I just thought I would give it a shot on the forum and see if anyone has any experience with this happening or how to make it stay on.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I think this is a pretty common problem with this bar on the Mazda 6. Swing over to those forums and read up on some of the solutions.

·
Registered
52 Posts
[quote author=WiKDMoNKY link=topic=79565.msg1462034#msg1462034 date=1181024971]
Has anyone else had one of the nuts pop off the shackles that hold the rear sway bar on?

When I had the RB rear sway bar put on it popped the nut off the driver side shackle after a day or 2.

I ordered a pair of shackles and nuts (from Ford) and had it replaced at a client's auto shop (the one that put the sway bar in originally) and now a few months later the nut popped off again. I watched them replace it and they used loc-tite and made sure it was tightened correctly.

In comparison to the stock sway bar, where it mounts to the shackle is considerably thicker and I am wondering if it has to do with it falling off. When the nut is tightened the threads stick out 1 or 2 past the plastic log on the nut.

I am just about to have the stock sway bar put back on and not worry about it anymore. I just thought I would give it a shot on the forum and see if anyone has any experience with this happening or how to make it stay on.

Thanks in advance!!!
[/quote]

Hi

You will need this: http://www.racingbeat.com/FRmazda6.htm

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=Blackbet link=topic=79565.msg1462333#msg1462333 date=1181048074]
Hi

[/quote]

Need what, that is a link to the Mazda 6 parts page on Racing Beat's website.

I already have the Racing Beat 27mm rear sway bar.

Are you saying I need the springs too???

[quote author=Waldo link=topic=79565.msg1462247#msg1462247 date=1181043700]
I think this is a pretty common problem with this bar on the Mazda 6. Swing over to those forums and read up on some of the solutions.
[/quote]

I just went to the Mazda 6 forums and there is a whopping 4 posts under the Mazda 6/Supsension forum.

Do you have a direct link as to where I should look?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
[quote author=WiKDMoNKY link=topic=79565.msg1462671#msg1462671 date=1181055627]
[quote author=Blackbet link=topic=79565.msg1462333#msg1462333 date=1181048074]
Hi

[/quote]

Need what, that is a link to the Mazda 6 parts page on Racing Beat's website.

I already have the Racing Beat 27mm rear sway bar.

Are you saying I need the springs too???

[quote author=Waldo link=topic=79565.msg1462247#msg1462247 date=1181043700]
[/quote]

I just went to the Mazda 6 forums and there is a whopping 4 posts under the Mazda 6/Supsension forum.

Do you have a direct link as to where I should look?

Thanks in advance!!!

[/quote]

Hi,

I try to give you a direct link but doesn't work. It takes you to the home page.
When you go to the page select in the select category, suspension. Than click
on the Mazda 6 Sway Bar Endlinks - Rear and you should see it.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
MoNKY, thanks. I'm going to order one of the Racing Beat sway bars but I was holding off after reading your post. I guess I'll have to get the end links too.

·
Registered
178 Posts
have they helped you any ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
So this is going to be a stupid question; but does both the front/rear sway bars from Racing Beat; bolt right on to the Fusion??

·
Registered
178 Posts
the rear does...but you'll have to buy these endlinks eventually....

the front, not 100% sure

·
Registered
82 Posts
No wonder, I thought it was me doing a half-a!# job installing the things. I've replaced endlinks once already on the passenger side (I was just about to order another). Hmmm, I guess I need to order these then. Thanks for the heads up guys!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.