FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quoting form Racing Beat's site "..All Racing Beat sway bars are finished with a distinctive, red powder coating, which provides a smooth, glossy protective layer."

Boy they weren't kidding, this 27mm 14 lb. hunk of head trauma is a gorgeous piece of equipment!

Off to install...

:shock: Good Lord I've seen bigger fish hooks than that, sheesh! :lol:

A nice shot with the AG's and sway bar end links appearing just at lower right of LR spring and lower left of RR spring...

Another nice shot where if you look closely you can see the RR bushing and even see some of the Prothane Super Greese visible...

Interestingly enough one of the things I noticed first was backing in and out of our driveway which has a bit of a dip to it where you have to drive in and out at an angle in order to avoid any bottoming out which I've not experienced even with the springs and a full load thankfully. Prior to install there was more a back and forth lean or roll, and now it's much more firm. Next up, I noticed a big difference almost immediately after taking a few turns later in the day on some less traveled streets once traffic died down. As far as cornering is concerned, it couldn't be better just like I was hoping it would be. I've taken a variety of turns at variable speeds and I must say this car has balls now ;) There is increased sensitivity now to steering inputs where at slower speeds it's quite smooth and at higher speeds it's quite pronounced in handling. Now together with the springs, IMHO the car is handling like it should've in the first place. I have ordered the stronger end links from RB and will have those on very soon to shore things up for the long haul. I am now researching performance shocks and will be adding these to round out my suspension mods in the very near future. I truly Hope this helps those out there considering this as an upgrade and upgrade you will, well worth the $$ and highly recommended!

:cheers:

Gov

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
:klavergreg: it came in :lol: it looks great and glad to hear it made a nice diff. i am ordering mine tuesday. how long did it take to install. looks a little diff then most rear bar installs i have done but non are very hard. oh one other thing does the bar slip in over the exhaust or did you drop it down. that is the only thing i can see that may take a bit.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=92836.msg1811057#msg1811057 date=1193400577]
:klavergreg: it came in :lol: it looks great and glad to hear it made a nice diff. i am ordering mine tuesday. how long did it take to install. looks a little diff then most rear bar installs i have done but non are very hard. oh one other thing does the bar slip in over the exhaust or did you drop it down. that is the only thing i can see that may take a bit.
[/quote]Hi Dan, your kind words are greatly appreciated. I'll look forward to hearing your experiences as well. It took about a half hour with some brief breaks in answering phones in between with it only costing me $26. I go to a small local mom-n-pop franchise Midas shop where I've gotten to know the owner quite well. There are two guys who tag team working on my car depending on who's doing what when I show up and both of whom are ASE Certified Master mechanics and experienced autocrossers not to mention great guys. I was recommended to them from the folks at the shop who did my tint. I am without a doubt in good hands and appreciate the service there and I'm quite sure they appreciate my patronage as well ;) The bar actually slipped right over the exhaust with no problems whatsoever. I really like the color contrast between the springs with the blue and sway bar's red powder coating too :)

Gov

·
Registered
40 Posts
[quote author=Governator link=topic=92836.msg1812670#msg1812670 date=1193437336]
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=92836.msg1811057#msg1811057 date=1193400577]
[/quote]Hi Dan, your kind words are greatly appreciated. I'll look forward to hearing your experiences as well. It took about a half hour with some brief breaks in answering phones in between with it only costing me $26. I go to a small local mom-n-pop franchise Midas shop where I've gotten to know the owner quite well. There are two guys who tag team working on my car depending on who's doing what when I show up and both of whom are ASE Certified Master mechanics and experienced autocrossers not to mention great guys. I was recommended to them from the folks at the shop who did my tint. I am without a doubt in good hands and appreciate the service there and I'm quite sure they appreciate my patronage as well ;) The bar actually slipped right over the exhaust with no problems whatsoever. I really like the color contrast between the springs with the blue and sway bar's red powder coating too :)

Gov
[/quote]

agreed your fusion is looking as good from underneath as it does from ontop nice work bro now you have get neon green or orange shocks lmao

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yo! Like... do you even drive the car? Everything looks way to sweet. Props Bro! Wish I had the time & $$$.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=08-con-fusion link=topic=92836.msg1813087#msg1813087 date=1193450860]

agreed your fusion is looking as good from underneath as it does from ontop nice work bro now you have get neon green or orange shocks lmao
[/quote] :lol: Hiya 08-con-fusion, welcome to the forums and thanks for the compliment bud!

Gov

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=eiching1 link=topic=92836.msg1813268#msg1813268 date=1193459685]
Yo! Like... do you even drive the car? Everything looks way to sweet. Props Bro! Wish I had the time & $$$.
[/quote]Greets eiching1, appreciate the nice compliment! You wouldn't know it but yes I do drive every day multiple trips with the misses and kids ;) Lot of hard work and having some time does help some, but my detailing consists really of just using damp towels and cloths between hand washings in the evenings for perhaps a half hour to an hour give or take.

Gov

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=92836.msg1813673#msg1813673 date=1193499781]
i have to quit looking at this thread. i want my sway bar, H Brace and strut bar to come in now. :lol:
[/quote] :lol: Yeah I can't wait until I see that H-brace as well as the tower bar with the sway bar on your car and what difference the trio together makes :irock:

Gov

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Governator link=topic=92836.msg1814092#msg1814092 date=1193519740]
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=92836.msg1813673#msg1813673 date=1193499781]
i have to quit looking at this thread. i want my sway bar, H Brace and strut bar to come in now. :lol:
[/quote] :lol: Yeah I can't wait until I see that H-brace as well as the tower bar with the sway bar on your car and what difference the trio together makes :irock:

Gov
[/quote]

well i won the H Brace on ebay so will see how it does. the strut bar closes in day or so but i am sure i will get it as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Question? Are you guy ordering the mazda 6 rear sway bar form racing beat?? Just wanna make sure if I do order one that I am getting the correct part! Thanks! By the way nice car gov!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=06MerlotSE link=topic=92836.msg1841105#msg1841105 date=1194551000]
Question? Are you guy ordering the mazda 6 rear sway bar form racing beat?? Just wanna make sure if I do order one that I am getting the correct part! Thanks! By the way nice car gov!
[/quote]

I am getting mine from Revolution Performance Motorsports (RPM) they offer free shipping and it is only $131.95. Will have it tomorrow. Only took little over a week to get and it is just in time for the weekend. here is a link this is the best price i have found on this. http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=120

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=06MerlotSE link=topic=92836.msg1841105#msg1841105 date=1194551000]
[/quote]Heya bud how've ya been? Haven't seen you around in awhile but I appreciate the compliment very much, it's been quite the transformation since picking it up in June. I ordered mine from RB but paid $16 in shipping :shock: for total of $146 but it's all good, love it and definitely made a difference in handling!

Gov

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=92836.msg1841219#msg1841219 date=1194553501]
[/quote]

I am getting mine from Revolution Performance Motorsports (RPM) they offer free shipping and it is only $131.95. Will have it tomorrow. Only took little over a week to get and it is just in time for the weekend. here is a link this is the best price i have found on this. http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=120
[/quote]sweet deal Dan, wished I'd known and I even have the RPM store link bookmarked, :oops: :x

Gov

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sweet deal I appreciate it guys! Yeah im currently bidding on the h-brace and upper strut bar on ebay that slater just put on his car. I figured you cant beat that for the price should come out to less than 100 bucks for both!! after this I just want springs and new wheels and tires and ill be done with my car!

*EDIT* 1 more question! when I order the rear bar should I also order those upgraded end links?? will they be necessary I think slater or gov mentioned them earlier! just curious. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=06MerlotSE link=topic=92836.msg1841309#msg1841309 date=1194556094]
Sweet deal I appreciate it guys! Yeah im currently bidding on the h-brace and upper strut bar on ebay that slater just put on his car. I figured you cant beat that for the price should come out to less than 100 bucks for both!! after this I just want springs and new wheels and tires and ill be done with my car!

*EDIT* 1 more question! when I order the rear bar should I also order those upgraded end links?? will they be necessary I think slater or gov mentioned them earlier! just curious. Thanks!
[/quote]

Jeff (Gov) did order the end links but i did not yet. I will be just did not have the extra cash at the moment. if you have the extra $50 i would get them. I think mrc also has them.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=92836.msg1841329#msg1841329 date=1194556486]
[quote author=06MerlotSE link=topic=92836.msg1841309#msg1841309 date=1194556094]

[/quote]

Jeff (Gov) did order the end links but i did not yet. I will be just did not have the extra cash at the moment. if you have the extra $50 i would get them. I think mrc also has them.
[/quote]Yep I got them from RB after the fact, though I should've got them at ordering but oh well glad nonetheless ;) I'd prolly go with the RB set, the RPM set looks interesting and maybe a bit more robust dunno but for $90?? who knows how they are,

Gov

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I have the Racing Beat rear sway bar. I ordered from RPM and I did get the beefy AWR end links. Yes, they are pricey, but look at those damn things. The Racing Beat links are an upgrade over the stock links and these are BEHEMOTHS over the Racing Beat links.

The difference was very noticeable.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yeah, so Abbot and I installed the Progress Rear Sway bar today, and I'll promise you one thing - it took about 25 minutes to just maneuver the bar into place!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts