FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mazda3Forums.com is proud to announce the opening of QuickCobalt.com - the Chevrolet Cobalt Club.

As a competitor to the Mazda3, the Chevrolet Cobalt shows both advantages and disadvantages. QuickCobalt.com will, like Mazda3Forums.com, allow us to study and discuss the Cobalt.

Come visit today:

http://www.QuickCobalt.com/

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Saw one today at the auto show I attended and it had a god-awful, big ass UGLY spoiler on it. What is WRONG with people? Someone designed it, someone ok'd it, and someone manufactured it. All of those people need a good flogging. Unbelievable.

Yes, this is the wing:

:shock: Again, I say...WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? That wing totally destroys any integrity that car might have had.

JT

ps....is Frosty a Cobalt fan now? :lol:

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
I think the Cobalt SS is going to be a pretty quick little car. Dont know about the other models but well see(from my experience with the Cavaliers little Ecotec Engine I think its dog slow in any form)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I do think it's great that another forum is opening up for these folks. Having a place to share and compare goes a long way, in my experience. With the help and support I've found on other enthusiast forums, my knowledge and confidence with my own cars has grown substantially. That said...

I think the Cobalt F&F, I mean "SS", is going to follow the same path as it's cousin - the Ion Redline... stuck getting spanked in D-Stock by ($10k more) BMW 330ci's and equally priced SRT-4's. I guess "true performance" in the new millenium with Gen-Y drivers requires leather seats, a killer sound system, fog lights, power accessories for everything, 30 pound wheels, and a puketacular rear tunnel wing. The only company that has stripped a car of everything except what you need to win a race is Mitsubishi (Lancer EVO RS). Ahhh, miss the days of budget racing...

Looked at 'em (the Cobalts), the 3 still has the non-s/c'd version beat hands down in power, handling, and build quality. And for the price of the SS, I'd rather spend the extra 3 grand on an RX-8 an jump up 2 classes (still get spanked by the S2000's and 350Z's, but... :D).

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
500 views but not many joins ;)

I think the SS is actually in the Mazda3 pricerange, Radar... maybe Mazda6. I mean it's $22k MSRP, say $20k with rebates, that means sells for $18k. A loaded Mazda3 is around there too, is it not? Even the MSRP doesn't reach the loaded 6's... and certainly not even a base RX-8.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts