FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Fusion S, I-4/5spd. I already have power mirrors. But, was curious about swapping them out for a set of pwr mirrors that also have the puddle lamps in them.

I already checked the harness when I had the door panel off to install my speakers. There is only 3 wires of a possible 6 going into the harness. Assuming that one is the ground, one is for L-R and one is for U-D; I would then figure that I don't have the proper harness for mirrors w/ puddle lamps.

The question comes when I try to figure out how to wire-in the puddle lamps; does anybody know how/where that would take place. I can't just wire-in direct to the Parking Lights; otherwise the puddle lamps will be on the entire time I have my headlights on. -Add would probably look a little silly too.

Anybody have any insight or opinions on this issue, if it's even possible...??

·
Registered
331 Posts
It would require a lot of custom wiring on your part to make it work. The mirrors with puddle lamps also are heated as stated and the connectors and wiring are different. You would have to splice the puddle lamps into the interior lamp circuit as well as the heater element into the reat difroster circuit. I can provide you all the schematics you might need if you do decide to attempt. Here look these over, maybe they will help you make a decision.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks cisco,

I am going to persue this further, just have to wait for the new mirrors to come in. Which gives me some more time to research into it a little further. I appreciate the schematics, they will be helpful.

Did you get them from the wiring manual or somewhere else...??

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Puddle lamps? Are you refering to those mirrors with the turn signal on them?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ceace, those would be nice; but I can't seem to find any yet... Actually I was originally referring to the OEM SEL model mirrors with the Puddle Lamp that shines toward the ground.

If anybody knows where I could get mirrors with turn signals in them, let me know, please.

·
Registered
331 Posts
You are welcome let me know what you need and I'll give you what I can. The schematics are out of the online Ford electrical schematic manual. I work at a Ford dealer.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I am assuming they are. I am sure the manufacturer wouldn't sell it where you will have to buy your own adhesion material or make it to bolt on. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts