FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would the Magnaflow 3.0 dual exhaust work on the I4?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought so. I called them and some guy who sounded like he didn't know what the hell he was talking about said it wouldn't work. Maybe I should have said I would alter the bumper for the extra tip. But I asked would it effect with the engine in a negative way, and he said yes. :?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
There are a couple of people on this board that have the 3.0 catback on their 4cylinder. I don't remember who they are right now. I remember someone posted some pics about cutting the bumper to prep for the exhaust.

Found it...SGsFusion did it here:

http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=62448.0;all

The guy has balls...he cut his bumper. I probably would have bought the body kit or bought a six cylinder bumper because I'm anal like that but his turned out nice.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I can see no reason why it would be bad. The 2nd pipe is so far off the head that the difference is very minimal. Its more for appearance and sound...unless you start to get some more mods going, then it might help a bit more. But if its going to be your only mod, it wont hurt your performance, and of the handful of people that have done it, they claim its quieter than running the single back, which makes sense.
When I get my exhaust done, I'm going for duals myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts