FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Milan.

My trunk has a silver piece at the bottom of it. My guess is that its just a snap on piece. See picture below:

My question is this: I've seen Fusions that do not have the silver piece. Is it a black piece instead, or is it that you have no piece there at all?

Thanks

·
Registered
610 Posts
There is no strip like that on the Fusion.  We do have a strip (either body colored or chrome) up higher on the trunk, but not there.  I agree - remove it if you can.  I think the Milan would look much better without it.  Does it seem to just be stuck on like the badging with sticky-back tape?    

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, thanks for the info.

I think I'm going to de-badge my car soon. When I do, I will try to remove the silver piece. I'll let you know how it goes.

While I'm on the subject, I'm trying to go all-black on my exterior. My side windows have a chrome strip running along the bottom edge. See picture for example:

I know some fusion models have an all black strip. Do you think the strip from the fusion would fit on my Milan? My guess would be they're the same exact piece, but I just want to make sure.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I had the strip on my SEL and didn't like it that much. I tried using some Duplicolor Metalcast paint to give it an anodized look. It looked really good, but when I put the clearcoat on, it was windy and too humid. So when it dried it looked like crap. I ended up painting it a dark charcoal color- which is a very close match to my Tungsten Silver. With yours being black, it shouldn't be too hard to match. Don't try this unless you are willing to never go back to chrome. Once you put on the paint, there's no turning back.

As to some Fusions having a black trim strip, I've heard from someone that it's just rubber and not black metal- but I can't confirm that from personal experience.

·
Registered
178 Posts
True, it is just rubber.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That trim piece is unique to the Milan. I think that it probably snaps into some holes on the deck-lid (trunk) but I'll try to verify it next week. It may not just be a matter of taking off some sticky tape to remove it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went to the dealership and ordered the black window trim from the Fusion. Can't wait to get it and install it, will let you know how it goes. FYI, came to about $100 total, ($30 for left side, $60 for right, weird huh?).

As far as the Milan's chrome trunk piece. Popped the trunk, and looks like there's two nuts underneath that need to be removed. Then, hopefully the thing just pops off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.