FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt that many of you live in a place as hot or hotter, but if any of you live in an area that is averaging about 105 to 110 in the summer I have a questions for you. My air conditioning is not working near what I think it should I have an 07 Fusion and an 07 Mustang and the Fusion will get down to about 50 degrees out of the vent, but the Mustang will drop to about 40 degrees from the vent. Ford is saying that this is the best the Fusion will do. What are you experiences? If in fact the Fusion is not able to blow colder air I think I might have to trade it in for something else. I live in the Mohave Desert of Arizona and we average about 115 in the summer so a good air conditioner is a must. Thank you for your replies in advance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm at luke AFB in AZ and I agree with you. The A/C doesn't seem to get as cold as it should although we are averaging around 112 here everyday. It doesn't bother me that much, it does get cold enough but it usually takes my fusion about 25-30 min to get really cold. I need to get my windows tinted and hopefully that will help a lot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply I am up here in Bullhead City near Laughlin, NV and that’s about what we are averaging so far, but we will get a little hotter. I have all my windows tinted. I have an appointment at another shop I hope they have better news for me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Golden Valley AZ here and tinting the windows helped mine out alot. I think the a/c is pretty good , but not quite as cold of some older cars I have owned. My Ranger is the same way. Get the tint!

Late

·
Registered
910 Posts
Its been about 100-105 here for a week now and for the next week. The fusion can cool pretty well but only at full blast (much to damn loud!!!) but it still doesnt cool as well as some of the older fords my family owns (2001 mustang and navigator) it could definetly be better. I also have tint which helps some (I also got the tint to protect the leather and for privacy/coolness)

Summer sucks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
In Iowa we get heat AND humidity...and while I love most things about my 06 Fusion, the HVAC isn't one of them. I think the a/c is very weak, and the 4 speed fan is straight out of some damned accountant's penny pinching book. To be more specific, yes, the a/c is weak, my dealer also told me that it was performing the best it can. I think tinting the windows would help, but I've never been a fan of that given that it greatly reduces visibility after dark.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oh yeah dont forget the recirc button. I was driving out in the Bullhead/Laughlin area yesterday and the a/c felt like it was just barely keeping up. Hit the recirc button and it got much colder. I like fresh air so I usually only use it when its dusty or smoggy.

Late

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.