FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: Has anyone on the Forum lowered or know if it is possible to Lower a AWD Fusion? If so, What kit is appropriate for a AWD Fusion?

A member previously stated that it should not be done with Eibachs kit, anyone chime in on this??

Thanks
Kiv

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ANYONE? Someone please tell me they tried the H&R Springs on a AWD Fusion.

Kiv :shock:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Like I said in the other thread, the rear springs on an AWD are significantly different than the FWD. There is a lot more weight back there so putting on aftermarket springs designed for a FWD will make the rear sag and make it very bouncy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spoke to the source, The H&R Spring Kit is 1.6" drop in the front and 1.9" drop in the rear, they said this levels the car out and is ideal for the Ford AWD SEL. Not spongy at all. Here's a link to see what they did to a Fusion.

[quote author=Waldo link=topic=70861.msg1253863#msg1253863 date=1173281210]
Like I said in the other thread, the rear springs on an AWD are significantly different than the FWD. There is a lot more weight back there so putting on aftermarket springs designed for a FWD will make the rear sag and make it very bouncy.
[/quote]http://www.hrsprings.com/site/projects/fusion/body.html

·
Registered
619 Posts
I see now that there is actually a separate kit for the AWD, so one would assume that H&R has adjusted the rear spring rates accordingly.

The stock rear spring is about 50% stiffer on the AWD.

·
Registered
910 Posts
What benefit would this have besides giving the car a different look/less of a gap? Does it improve handling? What about ground clearance though, I've noticed in some cases the car is already pretty low, higher than some cars but pretty low in some situations

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
[quote author=otaku link=topic=70861.msg1262430#msg1262430 date=1173695171]
What benefit would this have besides giving the car a different look/less of a gap? Does it improve handling? What about ground clearance though, I've noticed in some cases the car is already pretty low, higher than some cars but pretty low in some situations
[/quote]

It does improve handling.Center of gravity will be lower and and the car will feel more controlled due to less body motion when turning.Even a little less lift during acceleration.I have the H & R springs on my car and it made a big diference. If you REALLY want a true sports sedan feel go with the coilovers that H & R offers. SMS added them to the white lincoln thats been posted on these forums and it was a NIGHT and DAY difference. Installation is a bit of a pain in the @ss however. :?

·
Registered
910 Posts
hmm. I'd probably just have my local speedshop install them for me, they do great work though they aren't cheap.

·
Registered
509 Posts
[quote author=Waldo link=topic=70861.msg1254680#msg1254680 date=1173301435]
The stock rear spring is about 50% stiffer on the AWD.
[/quote]

WOW. No wonder all the mags say it understeers less.

·
Registered
45 Posts
kivfusion, did you ever end up lowering your AWD?

I like the idea especially after going to lower profile rubber but 1.5/1.9 seems like quite a bit and it makes me nervous given the fact my wife likes to drive my car a little too much. No matter how much I mention to be careful she just doesn't seem to be able to keep 100% of her attention on the road and I know something's going to take a hit sooner or later :(.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.