FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I were in the car Saturday and we picked up a friend who had to sit in the back. He looks like he may weigh about 240 or so. I hit a dip in the raod going about 45 and the tire on his side scrubbed! I am hating that because that means I am going to have to be cautious about how much weight I put in the rear. I can't even carry four adults in the car! Now, I know springs lower the ride height, which means they should be scientifically designed where as when they are compressed more by weight, they restrict compression to avoid the car from dropping too much toward the ground. My car is low enough in my eyes without springs, but if I was to buy a set that will only allow less than a 1'' drop, would the springs have enough of that compression restriction to aid in the resistance of my tires scrubbing the fender well when weight is added? I am thinking that this question would require me to do research on the specific spring I would want as well as contacting the manufacturer to get a R&D answer, but I figured that a little input is worth more than none at all for now. Oh, and remembr my tires are 255, but I don't think that makes a HUGE difference, it is only 10mm different from what most of you with rims run with (245). :ughhug:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I need this topic moved to "Suspension". :dur:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Cease,

I find the rear springs in my car are weak. With two girls weighing maybe 125 lbs each in the back I get a noticeable sag. I have the HR springs ordered, should be here next week. I'll let you know how they compare to stock compression wise. Maybe that'll give you some idea?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts