FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the dash kits that alot of people are purchasing here.

My car is a V6 SEL w/ the dark wood dash trim on it, but it is only in three places. I like how in the dash kits on the internet it has alot more molded pieces to fit your car. If I purchase one of these packages, will I have to remove my old dash trim? Or Will I simply clean it with alcohol and put the pieces on overtop of it.

Anyways, hopefully I made sense, thanks for the advice :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, :hideme: anyone with answers????

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I bought mine through Dash Experts http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/home.php they said they can match any factory look already on the car. You may not need to go over the top of the existing dash. Just add the peices that you want added. As a side note to all. It is now the on the down hill slide of summer, and the dash kit has delt with outside temps up to 115 and who knows what the interior temps were. Dash kit still holding up great. Looks as good as the day it was put on.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=RiverFusion link=topic=87348.msg1669784#msg1669784 date=1188135370]
When I bought mine through Dash Experts http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/home.php they said they can match any factory look already on the car. You may not need to go over the top of the existing dash. Just add the peices that you want added. As a side note to all. It is now the on the down hill slide of summer, and the dash kit has delt with outside temps up to 115 and who knows what the interior temps were. Dash kit still holding up great. Looks as good as the day it was put on.
[/quote]

Thats cool.. Im not sure I want the stock look in my car though, I want something darker and where the grain sticks out more.. When you applied your dash kit to your car, did you remove the factory dash insert? Or did you just simply go right over it? Also, could you post a picture of your dash kit here, would like to check it out and see how it looks...

In your opinion do the flat dash kits look authentic?

Appreciate the advice! :)

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
All the ones I've seen come with the alcohol pads for cleaning and just use double sided tape to go on top of your existing dash.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
You don't have to remove anything... But I cannot stress enough how important to make sure your dash is absolutely clean. If masking tape doesn't stick firmly to your dash, you need to rub it down with more alcohol until it does.

Also, once the kit piece is stuck, it's stuck for good. It's nearly impossible to remove it without damaging the kit piece or your dash... And I'm speaking from experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts