FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI: Advance Auto Parts has a great deal this month on full synthetic Pennzoil and QS - buy one get one free. Pennzoil Platinum has been turning in fantastic used oil analysis and is quickly gaining fans. It's a great product at an amazing price - no coupon or rebate needed!!! 8)

I'm a member of BITOG, so yes, I'm fully aware of what "full synthetic means".

·
Registered
613 Posts
Nice. Not the oil that I would use, but I would like to be the first to say that its a good overall improvement over the motorcraft synthetics. For that price, its a wise investment.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, there are better oils (e.g. Redline, Amsoil) but they are most certainly overkill unless one is doing extended drains. The oils I mentioned above are also overkill (but priced less then most stores charge for dino) unless one is doing extended drains. That Motorcraft 5W20 you mention is an excellent oil and a great bang for the buck (about $11/5 qt jug at Wal-Mart).

What oil do you use and why?

I'm currently running Pennzoil 5W20 (3.5 qts dino & 1 qt syn), $8.50 (on sale).

Today's SM rated dino 5W20s are so good that if changed every 4K they'll easily take a Fusion to the 150K+ mark.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I've always been tempted to try Quaker State or Pennzoil because even without the sale, they're normally a dollar and change cheaper than Mobil 1 5W-20.

I've used M1 in my previous vehicles and it's mainly out of habit. I use it in my Fusion and change at 3-4K all the time. Some say it's over kill, but I plan on driving my Fusion for as long as possible. So I might as well pay a little more now and hopefully save later.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=74107.msg1327857#msg1327857 date=1176318087]
I've always been tempted to try Quaker State or Pennzoil because even without the sale, they're normally a dollar and change cheaper than Mobil 1 5W-20.

I've used M1 in my previous vehicles and it's mainly out of habit. I use it in my Fusion and change at 3-4K all the time. Some say it's over kill, but I plan on driving my Fusion for as long as possible. So I might as well pay a little more now and hopefully save later.
[/quote]

Pennzoil is the worst crap out there. When i pulled the motor out of my mustang and rebuilt it the motor was so sludged up. I got the car from a friend and he was the second owner. The first owner used nothing but pennzoil in the car for the 1st 10 years of it's life and had all the papers showing he changed it every 3K to 4K miles. I would not put that stuff in my car if that is all the store had.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Great link! Looks like Penzoil Platinum and Castrol GTX are just as good, if not better, than Mobil1 for a lot less coin!

[quote author=cos link=topic=74107.msg1328483#msg1328483 date=1176331887]
Before ya badmouth the best selling oil the country research it at THE oil forum: http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Now if you spend a day on the above forum and come away thinking Pennzoil is still bad then god help ya.
[/quote]

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=cos link=topic=74107.msg1328483#msg1328483 date=1176331887]
Before ya badmouth the best selling oil the country research it at THE oil forum: http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Now if you spend a day on the above forum and come away thinking Pennzoil is still bad then god help ya.
[/quote]

i will always go by my experiance with a product not what other people say. I know what i say and how much sludge was taken out of a motor with only 60K miles on it. Will never put that stuff in mycars. Mobil 1, Royal Purple is it for me. i will pay the higher price to know that my motor is in good shape and will be to over 200K miles.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Pennzoil platinum is a fair exception to the pennzoil line of oils. It's better than most oils that are the same price.

·
Registered
613 Posts
[quote author=cos link=topic=74107.msg1338401#msg1338401 date=1176671531]
Crystallas,

Your certainly entitled to your opinion of Pennzoil's dino but you sound line a non-believer. The tests speak for themselves and the tribologists agree/like it. If you want an oil education then here ya go:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?Cat=0

[/quote]
Im lost, are you supporting the oil or warning people about it? LOL.
And Im very aware about the oil guy forums. Been a member for a while! Great site.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pennzoil (dino and syn) are BITOG favorites and that's why I use them.
Your statement:
"Pennzoil platinum is a fair exception to the pennzoil line of oils."
makes it sound like you don't think much of Pennzoil dino.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have no problem with pennzoil. Now if you asked me 10 years ago, my opinion would be very different LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.