FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased 2 coathangers that attach on the 2 metal bars on the headrest, but in order for me to install the coathangers, I need to be able to pull off each headrest. Does anybody know how to remove them? I have tried and tried, but they do not seem to want to come out. Can anybody help me?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Umm, you should be able to just pull the head rest up and off. If that doesn't work, try getting your finger under the headrest and press the release button where the headrest rods go into the seat, although that is only used to keep the headrest from going down. As a matter of fact, on my way home from work yesterday I pulled the headrest on the passenger side up while I was driving just to make sure it was the kind that comes out because I was thinking of installing head rest monitors. I pulled it up with only my right hand, so it should be easy to come out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I take it you have a 2007 fusion. You will find a small hole on the side of the mount. Use a small pin (1/16th or so in diameter). Press it in and at the same time push in the button on the other mount. The head rest will pull out very easily. It is easier if you have someone help, but you can do it your self using one finger when both keys are pressed in.

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts