FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got around to putting my sirius starmate in the car, its been sittin around for a couple months, just been to lazy to install it, i gotta say, this car is simple to tear down, interior panels come off with ease....put the antenna on the rear deck...routed the wire down the pass side, hard wired the power to the cig lighter...an the unit it self sits snugly right by the cig lighter, no permanent attachment needed, doesnt move at all, its great...an out of the way...heres a pic....

lemme know what you think, an one of these days ill get around to instalin my strobes, leds' an siren!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Looks good! That is the same way I had hooked up my XM sportscaster.... I even put my antenna on the deck with no major service issues.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That looks real nice - I am going to have to get that style head unit - mine is the larger JVC suction cup mount.

·
Registered
325 Posts
That is originally where I had my XM unit.

DrPaul - If you need any pointers on the siren let me know. I have mine 100% concealed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what kind of siren do you have? i havnt checked the underside of the car yet at all to look around but im a pro at it so im sure once i get around to it , it will be easy

·
Registered
217 Posts
[quote author=DrPaul84 link=topic=60449.msg1026329#msg1026329 date=1161625734]
finally got around to putting my sirius starmate in the car, its been sittin around for a couple months, just been to lazy to install it, i gotta say, this car is simple to tear down, interior panels come off with ease....put the antenna on the rear deck...routed the wire down the pass side, hard wired the power to the cig lighter...an the unit it self sits snugly right by the cig lighter, no permanent attachment needed, doesnt move at all, its great...an out of the way...heres a pic....

lemme know what you think, an one of these days ill get around to instalin my strobes, leds' an siren!
[/quote]

how did you get it so the wires wont show? i have the wires showing on the side but if you can hide it completely please tell me how you did it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Does it stay in place if you turn real hard doing 50-70 mph turning hard left or right and then on the binders to 0 mph for pedestian in the crosswalk?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for the wires i just took apart that area routed the wires back there an drilled a hole behind the unit, and the unit does not move at all, its wedged in there nice, perfect size

1 - 9 of 9 Posts