FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night, someone decides to pull into my lane while I'm doing the limit and I had to lock up my brakes. So I laid on the horn and he got on the brakes and boom, before you know it, I rear ended him.

He cut across 3 lanes of traffic, god people make me so mad. So they are going to have to get a whole new front fascia (hood, fender, chrome bars. Also, a new headlight, and the windshield washer fluid tank.

Ughhghg, I hope it comes out good as new, even though everyone says it will never be the same. DONT SAY THAT, lol.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Man, at first I was wondering "where the hell is he to have crazy ass drivers like that?"

Then I saw your location.

Sorry dude. Hope it gets fixed up soon without any new issues.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hey RymanH24, Sorry to hear about the accident, glad you are safe though... which is the most important thing of course.
Did the insurance decide yet on who's fault it is... Yes, I know he went across 3 lanes and all... but insurance companies have the tendency of being retarded... I'm sure you'll get your car back as good as new :)

any pics, btw?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have pics, they are at night, cuz it happend that night. Um, no the insurance company hasn't found out yet who's fault it is. But it better be his fault, because I was do everything right.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Yeah, insurance companies do tend to act shitty and claim its your fault when you have "rear ended" someone. Thats why stupid people try to get people to rear end them so they can get insurance money. :x

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
i am an insurance agent and i can tell you most companies will say you are at fault as you rear ended him. What they will say you were either driving at an un safe speed to react or something. If he got all the way in front of most of the time that is failure to maintain control of Veh. Now if you would have hit in in the side when he came over then it is a diff story but since he got all the way in front of you most claims agents will say you should have been able to stop. It sucks because like you said he was driving like an idiot and you did everything right but rear ending is the only acci that is always going to be the fault of the person in back hitting the person in front.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I know, technically, I did hit him in the side, but his bumper was so fricken big, most of the damage went to that, and maybe only a scratch was found on his rear quarter panel.

I was doing the limit, and then this guy just decides to get into my lane!!!! FTW, if the insurance agent says I should have been able to stop that is bullshit, he was only 30 feet in front of me when he decided to do so, I couldn't go left (median) couldnt go right (another car) and couldnt stop in enough time because he decided to cut me off like he did.

This whole rear ending issue needs to be looked at, this is bullshit.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I concur that the rear end thing needs to be looked at. Maybe post some pics and see if slaterracing can give you some free advice please? I mean common everyone knows that people cut you off and do this shit to get money. It's an illegal lane change and unsafe maneuver, how's it the person's fault that hit them when they were cut off like that?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=72060.msg1275750#msg1275750 date=1174289734]
I concur that the rear end thing needs to be looked at. Maybe post some pics and see if slaterracing can give you some free advice please? I mean common everyone knows that people cut you off and do this shit to get money. It's an illegal lane change and unsafe maneuver, how's it the person's fault that hit them when they were cut off like that?
[/quote]

The one thing the insurance comp will look at is if a ticket was issued. If a ticket was issued to either side then the fault will be more to the that person. It also can depend on what state you are in. If you are in a PIP state like MI then it does not matter who is at fault you pay for your car and the other person pays for there car. With the insurnce co that i work for if you have Broad Cov then if you are 49% or less at fault then you do not have to pay your deduc but if you are 50% or more then you do. But no matter what you are going to have a surcharge on you policy for 3 years.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So true. I will get pics asap.

Both of us were issued tickets. I don't know what he got.

Hopefully, they will find that he was at fault, and my insurance company will go after him to pay for everything.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=72060.msg1277046#msg1277046 date=1174338799]
So true. I will get pics asap.

Both of us were issued tickets. I don't know what he got.

Hopefully, they will find that he was at fault, and my insurance company will go after him to pay for everything.
[/quote]

What was your ticket for? If will was failure to yeild or failure to maintain control of veh that is not good on a claim.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I feel your pain bro, really I do. My wife totaled our '06 SE Fusion by driving through a telephone pole. But it's all good I guess. She's alive, not hurt, and we bought a better '07 SEL

And it's true what they say about cars that have been in accedents, they really are never the same again. Sorry to have to tell you that. And with the new carfax, there's no way around lying about it either.

Best of luck with getting your car fixed. You'll need all the luck you can get.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I was involved in a similar situation before. Both insurance companies were progressive and guess what?? Both parties at fault! Why surcharge one when you can surcharge(overcharge) two drivers and make more money. You will still be paying for the acciendent out of company money so lets make sure to get all of it back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
New information. The other guy didn't get a ticket! I was the only one to get a ticket. WTF! This has got me really pissed off.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=72060.msg1279777#msg1279777 date=1174425995]
New information. The other guy didn't get a ticket! I was the only one to get a ticket. WTF! This has got me really pissed off.
[/quote]

i am sorry to say but you are screwed :bananahump: with you getting a ticked for careless driving and him getting nothing they are more than likely going to list you at fault and your insurance will pay for your car as well as his car. Sorry that sucks.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Careless driving?? Holly Noodles!!
Well, wouldnt they have to first prove that you were driving carelessly?? In court, or something.
As I'm reading this... my mind is just getting filled with dejavus ....

almoust 3 years ago, I was driving on the leftest lane of the 101 north... going about 60mph, while they lane next to me had to slow down to approximately 20mph. This one woman, decided instead of fully stopping on her lane, she hopped onto my lane right in front of me (about 20 feet infront) and immediately slammed the brakes.... I wasn't ready for her to cut me off like that, nor was my car (94' Volvo 850Turbo) was ready to stop in time in caase she slammed her braked like she did.... *sigh* women...

To cut the story short... the case ended up being 100% my fault ,and my car at the time being totalled.

Ever since then, I piratically swore, that if sh*t like this ever happes to me again... I'll simply take off from the scene and then just say that my car was stolen... or i'm gonna take the car to mexico and report it stolen.... OR take it to one of those "legit" shop and have them cut it into tiny bits and pieces, yup.. you got it, REPORT IT STOLEN.

I'm simply not going to let anyone rip me off like that again...

Once again, Rayman, I'm feeling your pain... I hope you can overcome the shadyness that goes on the roads today...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well today is the big day. I have the court date for the "Careless Driving", I'm hoping it will get dropped.

Then I have to go file 2 tickets against the other driver, then go to court for that, to prove that he was at
fault, so my insurance doesn't go up a considerable amount.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I hope it turns out in your favor man. Hey Russian, what's the deal with that clip in your reply box?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts