FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I came across an article in a popular science magazine that read "Pulse Plugs Replace the Spark in Automotive Engines"...I found the technology very interesting and went to their website http://www.pulstarplug.com and I was wondering if it is efficient to buy this plugs? Has anyone tried these? Is there any noticeable performance difference ? Any recommendations....They're 25$ each.

·
Registered
87 Posts
similar concept to nology wires except without the wire, and just at the plug. Sounds good in theory but nology wires never made any significant improvements based on testing that I seen. You get a shorter spark that is supposed to be more powerful, at the end of the day it all comes down to the amount of air/fuel that gets burned, if they can increase the burn percentage then they will show a benefit , if not then they won't. Chances are they won't show much of an improvement over the stock setup, but that is just my guess. I'm always game for new ignition ideas, but too often they never work as advertised, or they work on older technology cars better than they do on modern engines with modern ignition systems.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Are you sure this wasn't a paid advertisement in PM? It has the scent of the old Splitfire plugs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes I doubled checked and it is indeed a payed advertisement in the magazine...not an article they wrote about..

but an yways, has anyone had any success with tthis type of plugs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts