FordFusionClub.com banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
[quote author=frogger390 link=topic=188485.msg3984803#msg3984803 date=1302029302]
Just replaced my puddle light with a 9 led bulb and wow its much brighter :break: :break: :break:
[/quote]

9?!?!? pics?

·
Registered
175 Posts
[quote author=DreadX link=topic=188485.msg3985156#msg3985156 date=1302041350]
[quote author=frogger390 link=topic=188485.msg3984803#msg3984803 date=1302029302]
Just replaced my puddle light with a 9 led bulb and wow its much brighter :break: :break: :break:
[/quote]

9?!?!? pics?
[/quote]

heres some pics and yes the car is dirty LOL.. but they are BRIGHT :) compared to regular bulbs...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Oh damn !!!! the 9 SMD's look way brighter than 5!!!! I have to look around for the 9's.

thanks for the pics.

PS ... get a new camera ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
lol ya this camera sucks with a flash it dont take right away and by the time it flashes ive shaken or moved the camera LOL... i do need a new camera though...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks, this is awesome

Was just wondering how to change these.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do the LED dim as the puddle light start to turn off? I know that with the sock bulbs they will slowly dim prior to shutting off. I thought that a LED needs a constant voltage...??? It would be nice to match my licence plate LED and my HID headlights. The amber puddle lights look bad. :(

·
Registered
151 Posts
yup, they dim just like the stock bulbs..

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
[quote author=wopalopagus link=topic=188485.msg4142796#msg4142796 date=1320534369]
Do the LED dim as the puddle light start to turn off? I know that with the sock bulbs they will slowly dim prior to shutting off. I thought that a LED needs a constant voltage...??? It would be nice to match my licence plate LED and my HID headlights. The amber puddle lights look bad. :(
[/quote]

Yeah ... Yellow light sucks!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for the write up, did this last week on my fusion. The white light of the LED looks much better than the yellow from the factory bulbs

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
[quote author=decivox link=topic=188485.msg4196084#msg4196084 date=1331063884]
Thanks for the write up, did this last week on my fusion. The white light of the LED looks much better than the yellow from the factory bulbs
[/quote]

Yup .. and white light will never become tacky.

·
Registered
45 Posts
[quote author=BlownGTP link=topic=188485.msg4142797#msg4142797 date=1320534762]
yup, they dim just like the stock bulbs..
[/quote]
Hellz yeah, glad to hear. I like that it dims out.
Just ordered 3 tower bulbs and some license plate LED bulbs. Gonna look sweet.
Side markers are next.

·
Registered
420 Posts
i have a 12 fusion se, i dont have puddle lights but i think i have the spot to add them in still, say i go and buy the housing for the puddle lights, is there wiring to buy or would there be wiring waiting for me. probably not right? have to buy everything to get it?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Standard "360" bulbs work fine and are plenty bright (as you can see in the pics)...the housing was designed for an incandescent bulb so it shines bright.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just finished the puddle lamp upgrade for my 2014 Fusion Titanium. Weird, but I didn't need the 150ohm 3w resistor (I bought 5 for $3.65)... I was kinda scared to use my Dremmel tool to cut off the lens, but I think it turned ok.

Pictures to follow...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I replaced all my interior/puddle/trunk/license plate lights with diode dynamics LED kit. all stage 2/3 bright white, none has burned out yet for over 2 years

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's the pic of my puddle light upgrade. Sorry for the many pictures.

Here's the "before" pictures.

I used a Dremmel tool to carefully cut away along the edges, carefully trying not to damage the lens.

I ordered LEDs from SuperBrightLeds. They have the highest Relative Intensity rating (5/5 bulbs)

It's slightly longer (a smidge) and the capacitors are a slightly tight fit, but it works.

The bulb in the housing.

I might regret it someday, but I was in a rush, and I used Super Glue to re-attach the lens on the housing.

I applied pressure for about 20 minutes to let the glue set. Thank you patio chair leg!

The housing re-attached, to test it.

To my surprise, it turns on perfectly, without any flickering at all!

The lens re-attached, and the puddle light re-installed. Looking good. Now, gotta await for night time for full effect.

Ahhhh, that's what I was going for. Now, I have LEDs all around (well, besides the weird bulbs in the front signal turn)

The other side.

And with the door open.

You're still here?!? C'mon, go buy LEDs and get upgradin'! :winker:

21 - 40 of 54 Posts