FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few weeks ago I jump started another car with mine, just few days later I started coming across some technical issues. For example, when starting the cars system by pressing the "start/stop" button without using the breaks and then turning it off, and afterwards actually starting the car with breaks then it takes 3-4 tries to actually start the car, there are clicking sounds and a few popping sounds from the sound system which makes me think that car battery is in bad shape. This morning the car did not start at all, the electronics side works however starting the car makes clicking noises again and does not start, also something comes out in the dashboard regarding dimmers.

Another thing, when I press the lock button on the car keys, after pressing it twice back to back, there is one horn sound. However after the jump starting situation sometimes pressing the key twice doesnt give out a horn sound. At times the key doesn't react as well. Any idea? My mechanic told me to never jump start a different car with a fusion, its electronics system is complex and can lead to issues. What do you guys think?

· Administrator
6,179 Posts
So a few weeks ago I jump started another car with mine, just few days later I started coming across some technical issues. For example, when starting the cars system by pressing the "start/stop" button without using the breaks and then turning it off, and afterwards actually starting the car with breaks then it takes 3-4 tries to actually start the car, there are clicking sounds and a few popping sounds from the sound system which makes me think that car battery is in bad shape. This morning the car did not start at all, the electronics side works however starting the car makes clicking noises again and does not start, also something comes out in the dashboard regarding dimmers.

Another thing, when I press the lock button on the car keys, after pressing it twice back to back, there is one horn sound. However after the jump starting situation sometimes pressing the key twice doesnt give out a horn sound. At times the key doesn't react as well. Any idea? My mechanic told me to never jump start a different car with a fusion, its electronics system is complex and can lead to issues. What do you guys think?
Hi Toshka and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. How old is the battery in your 2017 Fusion? If it is the original factory battery, replace it. If it is a replacement battery, have it professionally load tested (not an old fashioned battery meter test).

Those would be the first troubleshooting steps.

Keep us updated and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts