FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i hope this is just something stupid or an overlook on my part.  The part that hooks into the oem harness does not seem to fit.  Its just 2 wires with metal plugs at the end.  Is there a trick, is it the wrong kit, i dunnno.  Thanks if anyone can help.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Can you post a pick of what you are talking about and we will see whats going on?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, as soon as i get sometime i def will. but ill try to explain it better this time tho lol, you have the hid bulb that has a wire to the ballast, then from the ballast there is a wire with a fuse on it that runs to the original factory socket. there are two wires that run to the socket, each with a flat metal connector at the end. these are meant to go into the socket. they do not seem to fit. they are too big to fit into the socket. but as soon as i can i will post a pic. thanks to anyone that can help, and thank you chris06fusion for taking time to help me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
[quote author=paulsfusion link=topic=62998.msg1080710#msg1080710 date=1164163085]
yea, as soon as i get sometime i def will.   but ill try to explain it better this time tho lol, you have the hid bulb that has a wire to the ballast, then from the ballast there is a wire with a fuse on it that runs to the original factory socket.  there are two wires that run to the socket, each with a flat metal connector at the end.  these are meant to go into the socket.  they do not seem to fit.  they are too big to fit into the socket.  but as soon as i can i will post a pic.  thanks to anyone that can help, and thank you chris06fusion for taking time to help me.
[/quote]

It sounds to me like you got the wrong kit.   :(

There should be, logical and obvious to you by just looking, a matching plug for the part that used to be directly connected to your halogen bulb.  Another way to put it is it should look very similar to the base of the H11 bulb you took out.  There should never be a bare metal anything anywhere  :D (except for the ballast cases of course).

Argh you gotta hate the "QC" of some of these kits.   :bitching:

EDIT: All connections should be tight and sealed against water intrusion...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, yeah the more and more i look at it, the more and more i think it is the wrong kit. now i'm just waiting for the website to get back to me. Seems like i could be waiting a while. But thanks guys.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was checking out the gp thunder website for the H11 bulbs package and I see exactly what you are talking about. There are two wires that don't seem to connect to anything else. I was going to order one myself but now i want to see what those wires are about. It doesn't seem to me like you ordered the wrong kit. Let us know what you find out from the website. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i emailed them on tuesday and again today, still no response. Im kinda irritated with hid-lights.com, where i bought them. they say you have 5 days to notify them of a problem. I email them the day after i get them. Now im waiting for them to say they wont do anything because i didnt notify them in the time period. I just want my lights in my fusion, lol.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have read somewhere that you just insert the metal ends into the oem harness. That is how they can make them for most cars. Just remember if you do use electrical tape to cover the conections. If I remember correctly they work just fine like that.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have the GP thunder kit for my fogs and low beams. Indeed you insert the metal pins into the OEM power plug.
2 things..
make sure you get the + and the - connected accordingly and make sure to wrap it up with an exectrical tape.. and you are set.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do they just slid right in? i seemed to have a lot of trouble with trying to connect them. they seem like they are too big for the harness connection. i'll try again and see what happens. is there any special modification that needs done before hand? thanks guys for all the help.

·
Registered
484 Posts
They will be snug.

·
Registered
596 Posts
the pins are large enough to fit into the harnes slots and yet stay firmly in there...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so it turns out, according to raymond at hid-lights.com (not the brightest), our cars require a different connector. i dont know how much i believe this. The metal connectors definitely do not fit, not snug, not at all. He's sending me the "correct" connector, so we'll see. hid-lights.com is not very customer service-oriented, so i would rec a different site (ie:xenonexpert.com). Thanks guys for all the help through this.

·
Registered
596 Posts
[quote author=paulsfusion link=topic=62998.msg1094238#msg1094238 date=1164912337]
so it turns out, according to raymond at hid-lights.com (not the brightest), our cars require a different connector. i dont know how much i believe this. The metal connectors definitely do not fit, not snug, not at all. He's sending me the "correct" connector, so we'll see. hid-lights.com is not very customer service-oriented, so i would rec a different site (ie:xenonexpert.com). Thanks guys for all the help through this.
[/quote]
Any chance you could take a picture of the current pins you have and then take a picture of the "right" connector he sends to you?
thanks alot.

·
Registered
55 Posts
[quote author=paulsfusion link=topic=62998.msg1096007#msg1096007 date=1165018637]
as soon as they arrive, i will post pictures hopefully.
[/quote]

I sure hope they are specifically for an H11 this time, and have rubber seals. The XenonExpert kit I use has parts like they were made for the Fusion - and all connections are obvious as to where they go and are water tight. I wouldn't want my harness to get contaminated with moisture, as water can get drawn in like a wick and cause expensive damage. Just not worth the measly 80 bucks you save on a cheaper kit, in my opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i just emailed hid-lights.com and told them i've had enough. im sending back the kit. They have such poor customer service. The guy laughed at me when i was explaining my problems. I flipped out. DO NOT USE HID-LIGHTS.COM!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks like they don't even offer a real 4300K kit. For me, that sounds pretty scary right there. They only sell (scam) the blue bulb stuff, oh the horror!

·
Registered
143 Posts
You are not alone, XenonPros.com also suck. I spent $650 on light with them, and my headlight kept flicking on and off on a cold start. I wrote them an email, and left them a few messages. But thankfully, I am done with my auto electronics class and pulled out my dmm and fixed the problem.

Thats why I am going to save up to do my H.I.D Retro fit with the BMW's projectors with a 4300k or 5000k set up. But I am going to do it on my Cobra since the Fusion already has the HID's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.