FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 07 fusion i set my heat to just floor and air still comes from the defrost on the top of the dash near the windshield and is quite loud. When i switch to floor/defrost , the noise level is about the same but there is more airflow through the defrost vents. If i turn the dial left to floor/front vents then it is more quiet and no air comes from the defrost. My main question is on your fusion do you have air flow through the defrost vents when set to floor and is it noisy? Its almost as if the vent isnt closed enough on the defrost vent. Maybe this is normal but i wanted to hear from all you fusion owners to see. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=dirtyddd link=topic=91075.msg1764240#msg1764240 date=1191778433]
On my 07 fusion i set my heat to just floor and air still comes from the defrost on the top of the dash near the windshield and is quite loud. When i switch to floor/defrost , the noise level is about the same but there is more airflow through the defrost vents. If i turn the dial left to floor/front vents then it is more quiet and no air comes from the defrost. My main question is on your fusion do you have air flow through the defrost vents when set to floor and is it noisy? Its almost as if the vent isnt closed enough on the defrost vent. Maybe this is normal but i wanted to hear from all you fusion owners to see. Thank you
[/quote]

Hi dirtyddd. :wavey: No, it is not normal. Make an appointment for service to have it repaired.

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=dirtyddd link=topic=91075.msg1764349#msg1764349 date=1191784322]
Do you own a fusion?

[/quote]

Hello again dirtyddd. :wavey: I own a Lincoln MKZ (as my signature states). The HVAC electronics, ducting, connections, etc are all essentially exactly the same in the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, Lincoln Zephyr and Lincoln MKZ.

Again, it is not normal, make an appointment.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=dirtyddd link=topic=91075.msg1764360#msg1764360 date=1191784711]
I am a bit afraid if they have to take apart the whole dash to fix it.
[/quote]

Hello again dirtyddd. :wavey: They most likely would not need to "take apart the whole dash". It may be a simple replacement of the control module.

If you don't want to take your car to the Dealer for service, your only two options are:
1 - Hoping it somehow starts working correctly on it's own.
2 - Learning to live with it not working correctly.

Trust me, I am not trying to be a wiseguy here, but the only logical choice here is to make an appointment and bring it in for service.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya if it isnt normal and let me tell you it is way too loud, then i will have them fix it. Hopfully they dont have to take apart the dash.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i took it in and Ford tells me there is nothing wrong with it and i sat in another Fusion and it had the same problem. Now what?

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=dirtyddd link=topic=91075.msg1783583#msg1783583 date=1192487536]
Well i took it in and Ford tells me there is nothing wrong with it and i sat in another Fusion and it had the same problem. Now what?
[/quote]

Hi dirtyddd. :wavey: As usual, it is hard to trouble shoot over the Internet. Do you have the Automatic Temperature Control system, or the Manual System

There will be a small amount of air flowing through the defroster vents when you have your HVAC controls set to the floor setting (the Owners Manual states this). How much airflow do you have when your HVAC is set to "floor"?

Of course, that flow should increase greatly when you change the setting to floor and defroster. Unfortunately, without being there it is impossible to know just how much air is flowing through the defroster vent, or just how "loud" you consider loud to be.

Of course, if you have the fan setting set to high (3 or 4 on the Manual system), it will be loud. There are just too many variables to give an accurate Internet diagnosis.

I would check out a few more Fusions at you local Dealer. If they all behave in the same manner, then your Dealers Service Rep may be correct.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has manual controls. There is an increase in airflow when put to defrost. The noise level (level 4) comming from the top of the defrost vent is almost as loud on floor/defrost as defrost.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Dirtysddd I have the exact same problem. It is quite loud through the defrost vents. Almost sounds like the defrost vents arent open all the way.

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
Hi dirtyddd. :wavey: Yes, as best as we can tell over the Internet, that sounds normal. There is not going to be much of a difference in noise level between the Floor/Defrost setting and the Defrost setting alone, especially on the higher fan settings.

Originally, you seemed to be worried about air and noise coming from the Defrost vents when the directional setting was on Floor alone. That I would say is not normal. But that is not what you just described in your last post.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts