FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you add the 2 missing speakers in the trunk, without much to do?
I know how to wire stereos and all, I just didn't want to rip the trunk area and rocker covers apart to
get into running wires, I just want to know if the wire exists to the trunk, is it rolled up somewhere,
or does it even exist?

·
Registered
833 Posts
I am not positive but I saw what looked like connectors behind the portion of the seat that doe snot fold down (next to the door). But I am not sure if they are hooked up to anything since the 8 speaker system has a power amp. I tapped into the wires in the pillat between the doors that feed the rear door speakers. WOrked out fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i want to install those speakers too and i went looking for the wiaring diagram on the internet and found one but imnot sure if it is there. i dunno where the diagram is but if i find i'll scan it and post it here. but i have another problem i cant find a hole to run the power cable from the car's battery to the trunk can any1 help me?

·
Registered
14 Posts
to run the wire from the battery from the trunk, you need to lift up the passanger side carpet on the floor, and drill a hole. Be VERY careful when drilling the hole incase you hit something. Make sure you get the correct grommet so the hole doesnt cut through the wire. from there, you need to run the power wire under the kick panels, to the trunk.

·
Registered
51 Posts
[quote author=eiching1 link=topic=46007.msg1028397#msg1028397 date=1161708113]
I am not positive but I saw what looked like connectors behind the portion of the seat that doe snot fold down (next to the door). But I am not sure if they are hooked up to anything since the 8 speaker system has a power amp. I tapped into the wires in the pillat between the doors that feed the rear door speakers. WOrked out fine.
[/quote]

i took the screw outta the A PILLAR above the seatbelt adjuster and i seen no wires.. maybe cause i gotta I4 S.. i may be wrong.... but you said you found them.. what model do you have? maybe you can help me out.. i also was scared that the side airbags was gonna pop down on me.. lol

·
Registered
833 Posts
I jumped them from the rear speakers. I tapped into the wiring in the "B" pillar (between the front & rear doors). I pulled off the bottom trim piece. There is a mollex connector there that feed the rear door for windows, locks speakers ect. I matched the wire colors from the rear door speakers. I then ran the wire down inside the trim, under the door treshold and through the edge of the rear seat. If you need the wire colors let me know I think I wrote them down somewhere. It took me about 1 to 1 1/2 hours for both sides (total). Good Luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
[quote author=eiching1 link=topic=46007.msg1507147#msg1507147 date=1182486445]
I jumped them from the rear speakers. I tapped into the wiring in the "B" pillar (between the front & rear doors). I pulled off the bottom trim piece. There is a mollex connector there that feed the rear door for windows, locks speakers ect. I matched the wire colors from the rear door speakers. I then ran the wire down inside the trim, under the door treshold and through the edge of the rear seat. If you need the wire colors let me know I think I wrote them down somewhere. It took me about 1 to 1 1/2 hours for both sides (total). Good Luck!
[/quote]

ok thanks.. see i took apart the top trim piece.. that sounds simple but yeah let me know the wire colors.. how do you take the bottom trim piece off? does it just snap off? the top piece screwed off.. and how do the rear deck speakers sound?

·
Registered
833 Posts
You'll need to remove the the front & rear door sills, or at least pry up the ends that are near the "B" pillar. Then you can take the cover off the bottom. Once you have the "wings out from under the door sills pull the very bottom straight out. It's a little tight because of the seat. Then pull down on the cover. It has two clips that fit under the top cover. I believe the wiring is as follows:

Brown/Green - Left Rear Speaker +
Brown/White - Right Rear Speaker +
Brown/Yellow - Left Rear Speaker -
Brown/Blue - Right Rear Speaker -

Pull the speakers and double check the colors on them just to be sure. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well, supposedly they are but they sound like schitt when used. I spliced into the deck from the HU and ran a straight set of wires to the back. I wanted my 3-way 6x9's to sound good, so I wasn't going to take any chances.

·
Registered
338 Posts
all i did was buy an aftermarket amp and installed it for the rear deck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts