FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here knows if their is a pre-soak spray that I could use on my car to loosen the dirt and grime or a trick that I could use. I live in a apartment complex and the only way I wash my car is at the self service car wash and I don't want to use the brush they have there it will scratch the crap out of the car, plus it's always busy.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I do detailing on the side but I'm mobile, since I'm in the same boat as you. I go to people's houses to do their vehicles/motorcycles. Anyway, my local car was is busy all the time too, but the last time I went I woke up right at 0600 (sorry, 17-year military guy here) and went over there and no one was there. I rinsed and went with my regular bucket wash with no problem. Something you may want to think about if you are able to do.

I wouldn't use a pre-soak anyway...because you still have to wash it off. I'd be worry about drying and water spots. Never use the brushes. I don't let anything but microfiber material touch my car or my customer's vehicles.

·
Registered
817 Posts
MRC,
Have you ever posted pix of your car? Would like to see it, including the velour dash mat.
Boz

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=79331.msg1457067#msg1457067 date=1180891764]
Boz, I have one pic, but I'm going to take more detailed pics this week. The pic in my avatar is of my ride. I'll take pics inside and out.

There's a pic in this thread of my car:

http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=79216.msg1456776;boardseen#new
[/quote]

MRC,

Thanks for the link. Mighty sharp ride. Nothing looks better than a shiny black car and your wheels are kick butt, too. What wax/detailing products do you prefer? Any professional tips you can share?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
[quote author=urnews link=topic=79331.msg1457139#msg1457139 date=1180895092]
[quote author=mrc link=topic=79331.msg1457067#msg1457067 date=1180891764]
Boz, I have one pic, but I'm going to take more detailed pics this week. The pic in my avatar is of my ride. I'll take pics inside and out.

There's a pic in this thread of my car:

http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=79216.msg1456776;boardseen#new
[/quote]

MRC,

Thanks for the link. Mighty sharp ride. Nothing looks better than a shiny black car and your wheels are kick butt, too. What wax/detailing products do you prefer? Any professional tips you can share?
[/quote]

Well, I just placed another order from Zaino (http://www.zainostore.com/) for about 150. I really like their products...you won't find them in the store. There are a lot of good products you can get locally, but I prefer the sealants and quality waxes that Zaino provides.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, I wish I had a drive way washing and detailing would be a lot easier!! :( But for being new cars we don't need polishing? All we need is washing-clay-waxing.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
[quote author=douglas307 link=topic=79331.msg1457328#msg1457328 date=1180904023]
Cool, I wish I had a drive way washing and detailing would be a lot easier!! :( But for being new cars we don't need polishing? All we need is washing-clay-waxing.
[/quote]

Not necessarily true. If you really want to bring out that "wet" look on your darker vehicle, a good polish will certainly do that...even on a newer vehicle. OTOH, you get virtually no benefits of polishing a white vehicle. With lighter color vehicles, a good quality wax and sealant will give you a great shine. Zaino has a long line of products that will give you that superior shine and maximize the wax intervals for your car.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hey Doug,

I know at my house we have (Im sorry I cant remember the name right now Ill get back to u) a type of prewash solution. its to be rubbed on before you do anything to the car and It removes Tar, bugs, grime, that sort of thing and it works really well. Ill try and get you the name I think it is a product of turtle wax.

·
Registered
969 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts