FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm looking for any good information regarding the shudder issue that has inhabited this clutch on my 2015 Focus SE.

I bought this great car with a little over 30k during the winter months and did not realize the shudder wasn't the tires slipping on the icy road surface. I know that Ford has fixed many of these cars with the shudder but mine is not eligible because of the "Rebuilt" title. The clutch isn't worn out as it doesn't actually slip. At times, the car doesn't exhibit the problem at all but as the transmission gets heat soaked it gets the shakes upon acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear. I find that letting letting off the gas for a moment minimizes the shudder. I'm just wondering if anyone here has any other suggestions on how to deal with this issue.

·
Super Moderator
6,013 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm looking for any good information regarding the shudder issue that has inhabited this clutch on my 2015 Focus SE.

I bought this great car with a little over 30k during the winter months and did not realize the shudder wasn't the tires slipping on the icy road surface. I know that Ford has fixed many of these cars with the shudder but mine is not eligible because of the "Rebuilt" title. The clutch isn't worn out as it doesn't actually slip. At times, the car doesn't exhibit the problem at all but as the transmission gets heat soaked it gets the shakes upon acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear. I find that letting letting off the gas for a moment minimizes the shudder. I'm just wondering if anyone here has any other suggestions on how to deal with this issue.
Hi g wheels. Welcome to the Ford Fusion Club.

I am replying because I don't want you to think you are being ignored. However, this forum is centered on the Ford Fusion, and to a lesser extent the Fusion's Lincoln MKZ and Mercury Milan cousins. It is not impossible (but unlikely) that you will be able to receive much advice on the transmission issues for your 2015 Focus.

What I can tell you is what you already know: If your Focus is equipped with the DCT transmission, it is a known issue.Therefore, replacing the transmission is probably your only recourse. But that is obviously not an easy or inexpensive option, due to your "Rebuilt" title.

Let us know how you make out though, and good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and thanks for the reply. I visited two dealerships and got pretty much the same answer but you never know where you might find an acorn. The problem isn't the transmission specifically. It is the two clutches attached to it.

As for this being a Fusion forum, I was actually invited here for Focus support while searching for the parts. You do realize that this is the Ford Focus section.. See the top of this page beneath the banner and the forum navigation steps below.

Home > Forums > Ford General Discussion > Ford Focus General Discussion > Ford Focus

There's more than a few focus threads going on here. I think the logic is that the fusion is just a focus that grew up. 😬

·
Super Moderator
6,013 Posts
Hi and thanks for the reply. I visited two dealerships and got pretty much the same answer but you never know where you might find an acorn. The problem isn't the transmission specifically. It is the two clutches attached to it.

As for this being a Fusion forum, I was actually invited here for Focus support while searching for the parts. You do realize that this is the Ford Focus section.. See the top of this page beneath the banner and the forum navigation steps below.

Home > Forums > Ford General Discussion > Ford Focus General Discussion > Ford Focus

There's more than a few focus threads going on here. I think the logic is that the fusion is just a focus that grew up. 😬
Hi g wheels. Oooops...sorry...you are correct, it is the Focus section (although the Fusion is not a grown up Focus...;)).

I don't participate in the Focus section, so am not sure why I received a notification for your Focus post as being in the Fusion Forum. That is not your problem though. ;)

Hope you can find some help from the Focus experts and good luck. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for the response. I like the action. What I'm hoping to happen is someone pop up and say something like; hey, I can help. I've replaced the clutches and can do it for you for a fee..
Just for fun, the newsletter I get from RockAuto was the link to the Ford Fusion Club. They will sell me the clutches for under $300. I'd jump at the prospect of matching labor to make my great car better. Also, I'm glad you didn't take my model comparison too seriously. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts