FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have another suggestion for the site.

Some of you know the NJ people and know how some threads can get out of control. I have a meet thread that was getting posts from an undesirable stirring up trouble.

Right now, SM's have the ability to remove their own posts, not sure why they would do that. I think it would be a great help to the Moderators if SM's could moderate their own threads.

With my thread, I had to get some of my NJ ppl to edit their posts then lock the thread, but there was nothing I could do about the posts that were actually offensive.

If SM's could mod thier own threads, I would have been able to remove the offensive post, the rebuttals then lock the thread until it calmed down.

So, is it possible for SM's to get Mod abilities for thier own threads?

Krs.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
I think reporting it would be good and maybe locking it
Hopefully changing someones words wouldnt be used to ones advantage

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
I'd second this suggestion... it's a good idea especially when we usually choose new Mods from the current SM pool.

I'd also like to say that I think it may have been a slight miscalculation in making you a SM - while certainly deserved, I think you're better off as a RC. Can I get an 'amen' from other Mods / Admin and perhaps make this so? NJ is the source of most of the drama since Greg, Kevin, et al, have been removed and it'd be good to have someone as active as Krstofer be able to control the direction of some of those threads.

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I agree with the RC note. I am very involved with Meets. Keeping up the regular weekly meets and being the contact for our meets.

Also getting Drive-in meets together (4 last year) a detailing meet.

I am now planning a meet (in my sig) with a CNJ member. Arranging the place, and contacting the main people in the surrounding areas to make the meet as big as possible.

I always thought RC would be a better fit for my role here on the site.

[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=77009.msg1396051#msg1396051 date=1178679141]
I think reporting it would be good and maybe locking it
Hopefully changing someones words wouldnt be used to ones advantage
[/quote]

While I agree with the possibilities of misuse, as Jim pointed out, Mods are usually taken from this pool. It is a way to prove their abilities before getting full responsibility. If the people can not be trusted to mod their own threads, they probably should not be SM's

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I just remember other meets I planned.

NC meet (with help from Diana)
PA drive in meet
NY Imax/Dave and Busters meet.

Add those to the weekly meets in NNJ, the detailing meet, and the 3 or 4 Warwick, NY drive-in meets.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I agree with Brian's points about SM's being able to moderate/control the threads they create. Having unrelated information, and offensive posts does not help the threads at all, and it would make the threads easier to follow, as well as keep the members attention (i.e. they wouldn't have to weed through crap...lol).

In regards to Brian becoming a regional coordinator, I think his efforts to expand the type, and amount of meets in the NJ/NY area is commendable. I have been to 3 of his meets (and I live in central Pa..lol), and they were always a blast, and open to all. I am not say Curt has done a 'bad' job, but I remember him getting his RC badge after 1 meet (I think it was a larger BBQ last year). With what Brian has done, I think he should be recognized for his efforts.

:Off my soapbox now: LOL

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the vote of confidence Lou.

I also just remembered another meet I set up.

Cheescake factory meet. which was another multi-state meet.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
[quote author=zobx link=topic=77009.msg1396060#msg1396060 date=1178679309]
I'd second this suggestion... it's a good idea especially when we usually choose new Mods from the current SM pool.

I'd also like to say that I think it may have been a slight miscalculation in making you a SM - while certainly deserved, I think you're better off as a RC. Can I get an 'amen' from other Mods / Admin and perhaps make this so? NJ is the source of most of the drama since Greg, Kevin, et al, have been removed and it'd be good to have someone as active as Krstofer be able to control the direction of some of those threads.
[/quote]

Amen!

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
[quote author=krstofer link=topic=77009.msg1396222#msg1396222 date=1178682061]
Thanks for the vote of confidence Lou.

I also just remembered another meet I set up.

Cheescake factory meet. which was another multi-state meet.

[/quote]

LOL - Just because I was crazy enough to come to NJ right before a snowstorm with my RSAs? :lol: I suppose that is impressive.... ;)

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
We'll definitely discuss upping Senior Member privies... Until then, I motion to give Brian an RC badge. That would allow him to control the threads immediately.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=MetalCord link=topic=77009.msg1399936#msg1399936 date=1178802356]
Bri, you've essentially got Moderator powers... use them wisely!
[/quote]

dear god save our souls :rick:

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Wonderful! M3F is now going down the toilet. Flush promptly.

Oh yeah, and flush again. j/k

:chuckles:

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Tis true.....

:bananadance:

:bananahump:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts