FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, my name's Robby and i might possibly trade in my 05 Focus for an 07 Fusion. V6 AWD, of course. i got to lookin at pics around the net of people with tricked out Fusions, and all of a sudden they just started catchin my eye.

so first off, i'm glad to be here, seems like a good site, and now i'll let you all reinforce my urge to upgrade!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
WELCOME! If you need any help with your decision..... this is the right place to ask :D.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually, what options can i get from the factory? as far as like FRPP and all that, because if i do end up getting one, money won't really be an object, but i'd like to have as much stuff rolled into the loan as possible

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=Shadowrunner link=topic=74020.msg1317235#msg1317235 date=1175900363]
hi all, my name's Robby and i might possibly trade in my 05 Focus for an 07 Fusion. V6 AWD, of course. i got to lookin at pics around the net of people with tricked out Fusions, and all of a sudden they just started catchin my eye.

so first off, i'm glad to be here, seems like a good site, and now i'll let you all reinforce my urge to upgrade!
[/quote]
Robby,
"Upgrade" is definitely the operative word here. There is a world of difference, automotively speaking, between the Focus and the Fusion. We still own a 2000 Focus station wagon and added a new 2007 SEL AWD Fusion to the stable, which also includes a 1997 Thunderbird. The Fusion is a real treat, a lot of machine for the money, with features usually found in cars costing a lot more. The styling is kick butt and the handling is superb. If you can cut a good deal, go for it. Boz

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ well, i was out and about today, and stopped in at one of my many local Ford dealers (got about 6 within a half-hour drive), and decided to take one for a test drive. you were wrong, boz, it's much more than an upgrade! i have fallen in love and will definitely be getting one when i'm set up to buy. the only thing was that the model i drove didn't have AWD or a sunroof, so that will make it that much better when i go to get my new ride!

so! here's hopin to a long and prosperous relationship with you fine folks! :cheers:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Congratulations on taking the first step, Robby. Keep us posted on your quest. Bear in mind that there is about 2 inches less head room when you add a moon roof. We have one and love it. We also have AWD and that involves less gas mileage, but that might not be a criteria for you. Up until about 2,000 miles we only got 13 mpg, but that recently improved to 14.8 in all-city, stop-and-go driving. The drive train takes a while to get broken in, we are told, maybe as much as 5,000 miles. Other AWD drivers have reported better mileage, as much as 21 mpg in city driving.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
headroom isn't really an issue for me, before the focus i had a zx2 with a moonroof, and only hit my head once or twice a year, lol.

as far as the gas mileage, i'm not too worried about it. most of my driving is highway. and anyways, i've gotta pay whatever the gas people wanna charge, so i may as well enjoy myself, right?

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=Shadowrunner link=topic=74020.msg1318686#msg1318686 date=1175980380]

as far as the gas mileage, i'm not too worried about it. most of my driving is highway. and anyways, i've gotta pay whatever the gas people wanna charge, so i may as well enjoy myself, right?
[/quote]
That's a very enlightened attitude. I worry too much about such things instead of just enjoying the car. Boz

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, look at it this way. if you can afford the monthly payments on the car, you can probably afford the gas. if you think about it, that can apply to almost any vehicle.

insurance, however, is a different story.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I bought my fusion partly because of insurance, I am told its pretty darn good. Lots of options available the only thing I didn't get was the audiophile sound system and the navigation unit (they add another 2200 or so) option the car out on ford's site. I have sirius, sunroof, leather heated seats, etc

What color are you looking for? I think you'll definetly be happy with the car, best of luck. I suggest shopping all the dealers in your area also.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm lookin for black on tan or blue on tan. i was also wondering if that EAT control thing would be a direct swap from the SEL to the SE? if i can save a couple thousand bucks not gettin the SEL, i'll do it. as far as the dvd nav system and audiophile, a real system would be in the works for this car anyways. and i don't need the chrome tips on the exhaust as i would be upgrading to the magnaflow.

i do intend on shopping all the dealers in my area, and whoever gets me what i want for the right price is the one that will get my business lol. i know i'll be ecstatic about having one of these

hehe now all i need to do is break the news to my friends over at www.focusfanatics.com lol!

·
Registered
57 Posts
The only thing you'll need to worry about from the fine focusfanatics folks at their Website is their jealousy and envy because of your "upgrade". I suspect that you'll bring them up to date after you get your new Fusion and post a pic of it on their Website. Heck, you might even convince a few of them to join the growing ranks of Fusion/Milan/MKZ owners.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hell most of them are complimenting me already lol. a few of them are waiting to pay off their cars to get fusions!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2nd test drive today, still loved it. although this one didn't have that awesome EATC in it.... still no moonroof, but this one DID have awd! i absolutely loved it!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just curious. What's a Focus ZX2 look like?

Eatc is not a direct swap for manual controls.

I have an SE 4-cylinder 5-speed with the "appearance package". Dark chrome grille, 17" SEL wheels with gray metallic-painted inserts, black/red cloth inserts in black seats with red stitching. Tungsten outside. Very cool.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Good answer!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts