FordFusionClub.com banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I doubt the trans would even mate between the two engines without a custom adapter. You would for sure need an entire SHO underbody to make it work, and even then you would need a lot of custom parts and one off adapters. Plus you might even need to expand the front of the car to make it fit. I think the Taurus has a wider engine bay than the Fusions but I am not at all positive on that. I know it is longer though.
Alright....I found my next daily driver car....now, where to store my Fusion HAHA

·
Registered
832 Posts
Mustang V8.......FWD Fusion Sport...% Difference
3533 lbs............3591 lbs...............1.6%
315 BHP............263 BHP...............(18%)
325 Ft/lb...........249 Ft/lb..............(26.5%)

Sorry but I just can't believe that you can even come close to a V8 in a straight line unless he is launching in 2nd or 3rd. You just can't make up for a lack of 52 hp and 76 ft/lbs. There is just no way you can make up for over a 25% difference in torque and almost 20% difference in hp, with only a 1.6% difference in weight. Honestly I don't even see a Fusion Sport even being able to beat a Focus ST in a straight line with those numbers.

It is possible with a little dedication.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
720 Posts
wow :shocked: your car runs mid 13's (I need to go trade in for a sport) a stock out of the box 2010 mustang runs 13.5-13.7 in the 1/4 mile

drag times lists fusion sports around the 14.655-15 second time range.

a 2000 mustang gt will run flat 14's all day $1000 in upgrades its an ultra high 12's, low 13 second car all day.
Not to thread jack....

I did say keep up with, not beat. My car isn't stock, so the numbers are considerably closer. Let me revise those years to 99-04. HP numbers are close and torque isn't too far off.

A 2v 4.6 Mustang is pretty darn close to the straight line performance of my car. Not necessarily on a drag strip because of FWD vs. RWD, but once the vehicle is moving, it's a little different.

I'm not trying to cause a pissing match. Stock 99-04 Mustang GT vs modded Fusion Sport. That's the comparison I was attempting to make.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Mustang V8.......FWD Fusion Sport...% Difference
3533 lbs............3591 lbs...............1.6%
315 BHP............263 BHP...............(18%)
325 Ft/lb...........249 Ft/lb..............(26.5%)

Sorry but I just can't believe that you can even come close to a V8 in a straight line unless he is launching in 2nd or 3rd. You just can't make up for a lack of 52 hp and 76 ft/lbs. There is just no way you can make up for over a 25% difference in torque and almost 20% difference in hp, with only a 1.6% difference in weight. Honestly I don't even see a Fusion Sport even being able to beat a Focus ST in a straight line with those numbers.

Auto-X I would believe you would beat him since the Fusions can turn like crazy and the Stangs are really only good in a straight line from factory.
For fun...

1999 Mustang GT..2010 FWD Sport% Difference
3477 lbs...............3591 lbs...............(3.2%)
260 BHP...............263 BHP...............1.1%
302 Ft/lb..............249 Ft/lb..............(21.3%)

Hopefully those numbers make sense. The difference isn't so great when comparing a 1999 GT instead of a 2010.

Pissing match...commence! JK. :D

21 - 29 of 29 Posts