FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there was only one company that did a turbo set up to a I4 Fusion and never wanted to put the kit to production for what ever reason, I did some thinking, research and a few notes to my old composition book.

At the moment, not one makes turbo exhaust manifolds for our cars, or we dont have no idea if the M6, or Focus manifolds match up to ours for their turbo kits. And many of us dont have that kind of money to spend on something that might not fit or to get a good customized manifold.

So from research and studys Ive seen many V8 guys run a rear mount turbo set up and still runing the stock exhaust manifolds or upgraded.

So I was thinking, what if we do the same. Probably save $1000 and a huge head ache upon installation.

The only problem is tubing. If we can get a sponser or someone thats a pro on tube bending then this will be a huge help.

Also I am going to go back into my math notes on selecting the correct turbo to the engine spec. Since you cant just slap any turbo, the compressor and the exhaust housing has to be to a specific size, rpm and efficiency.

So if any shops in here has any ideas on tubing and tuning that will be great. So we can put together a kit for our cars.

As for superchargers, I say write to kenny bell. If we get enough people sending them emails then they will see that its good business for them and will consider to put the superchargers for our cars into production.

UNLESS, we can install a cintrifugal Supercharger, and the Focus block brakets for the blower fits on our block the same way. I am doing a more indepth search for the answers.

G

·
Re: POSSIBLE CHANCE OF A TURBO SET UP FOR THE I4 & V6!!!!

I'm not to fond of rear mounted turbochargers.

Sure they are classically known to have an awesome sound to them and what not. I just find it would be to tight to mount one underneath the car.

Plus, my friends WS6 had a rear mount turbocharger. In the middle of the night someone crawled under his car and cut it off and ran. What a bitch.

I still think mounting the turbocharger between the engine and the firewall for the 4 bangers is the best spot for one.

MidKnightKing, I think you should turn this thread into a poll. See what other people think, do they want rear mounted turbo's or in engine bay turbo's.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: POSSIBLE CHANCE OF A TURBO SET UP FOR THE I4 & V6!!!!

You have a point, but with this set up it wont be on the rear of the car nor in the middle.

OK picture this, look into a I4 engine bay. Look where the exhaust manifold is. Just before where the cat begins, thats where the turbo take place. It will still be in the engine bay so it will be safe from any thieves and it still wont suffer any tubo lag.

The only diff is that we wont have the High pulsation turbo manifold.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I know right now that Nautilus Performance group is working on a MP62 Eaton supercharger kit for the 2.5 and 3L duratecs in all their form. they are starting the build of the first generation and are shooting for 300hp for our variation of the 3L and the expected cost is somewhere around $2k U.S. I remember hearing mid '08 is the time frame.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think a good question is how much more power do we need from turbo/ s/c kit. I personally favor small power increases as a base kit and higher proformance upgrade to it. (most likely intercooler). I don't want to have to upgrade anything else in the car to use the added power. everyone has his own opinions.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I would like to see a very basic kit for the I4. Simple setup, maybe a injector upgrade (if need be). I think a FMIC is essential. If one didn't come with the kit, I would buy and setup my own.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I've got a friend that just got a s/c kit for the d23 in the focus, think he said it was $2700, not sure if the d23 from the fusion is much different but that'd be a good thing to look into and I also have a friend with the i4 that just installed the cosworth intake manifold to his fusion. I think he should look into getting a larger t/b to go with it but he's probably going to have to save for a while for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.