FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't believe this car hasn't made it into here yet.

Cost less then the Dodge Charger R/T, and yet is faster then it!

The exterior looks way better then the Charger, and has a much nicer interior. The only downside to the G8, is that it is a Pontiac lol!

·
Registered
244 Posts
And it doesn't come in stick. "Yet."

If it came in stick, I would seriously consider buying this car.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Very impressive car on paper. It looks to be a great performance bargain. But yes, it is a Pontiac.

You know, in certain applications (like these), a stick isn't always quicker than auto. But, many still prefer the manual control.

·
Registered
244 Posts
[quote author=koreySE link=topic=105003.msg2137379#msg2137379 date=1205159614]
Very impressive car on paper. It looks to be a great performance bargain. But yes, it is a Pontiac.

You know, in certain applications (like these), a stick isn't always quicker than auto. But, many still prefer the manual control.
[/quote]

And I am one of those many. As far as I'm concerned, only grannys on their fannies shouldn't be driving the manny tranny.

And for the record, I only spent about 25 seconds authoring that assonance.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
What's the big deal with Pontiac? I haven't own any, but I've had several rental Pontiacs, including a GTO I got as an "exclusive upgrade" from Avis.

The G8 has good cosmetics and looks great on paper, but I'm really liking the more retro look of the Mustangs, Chargers, Challengers, etc.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I see these G8's every night at work and they are a decent looking car, but they are NOT as fast as there hyped up to be. The G8 is just an updated GTO... which sold horribly. I am with UE, new Mustang's for sure! I am really, really tempted to get a Roush GT Mustang!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I, for one, like the GTO. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a used one.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
[quote author=11011101 link=topic=105003.msg2154860#msg2154860 date=1205680953]
LOL I think that's so sweet looking in a hilarious way. It's like you'd buy one because it's cool, but it's really just a joke car. Like putting racing stripes on a conversion van. :lol:
[/quote]

With the V8 version that thing will probably be a beast as I'm guessing it would maybe weigh at least 1,000 lbs lighter than the sedan version. :shock:

·
Registered
399 Posts
They have been driving those el caminos around work for the last two years. They are really small. So far I have only seen them with the steering wheels and controls on the passenger side.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Never cared much for pontiacs with the exception of the trans am (especially the older ones) this car is sweet. I'd love to trade up to one of these especially with the V8. RWD kinda sucks though for winters here. MPG wise its about like I get now. Hell of a car I'll definetly test one out if I can

·
Registered
297 Posts
G8.........great car!

·
Registered
356 Posts
took one for a test and man is this thing nice, hard to beat for the price. if i did not owe so much on mine i wiuld have traded for it. my dad owns an 08 G8 GT and loves it...

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
The G8 GXP would be a blast...415 H.P.(LS3) and a 6 Spd. manual. Throw a supercharger on there, and it's a poorman's CTS-V. May have to own one of these... one day :wink:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts