FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i bought 2017 ford fusion plug in hybrid and need one part and the problem is i dont know name and where to buy it. Only plug in hybrids have that part in the trunk and its shape is like elephants nose i have some photos also if that will help. If you have any infortmation about that car part please let me know.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Tire
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Grey
Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Grey
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Tire

Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Grey

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Grey

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
Hi R. Congratulations on your new Fusion and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club.

If you do not get an answer here: You can go to the Parts Department of your local Ford Dealer, tell them what you need, and ask for the part number and a price.

They will ask you some questions, perhaps show you an exploded-view parts diagram, maybe take a look in your trunk. Then they will look it up, give you a part number and a price. Then you can negotiate the price with them and buy it there.

Or...take the part number and go online to find it at a lower price. Just Google the part number.

Alternately, you can try any Salvage Yards you may have in your area.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi R. Congratulations on your new Fusion and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club.

If you do not get an answer here: You can go to the Parts Department of your local Ford Dealer, tell them what you need, and ask for the part number and a price.

They will ask you some questions, perhaps show you an exploded-view parts diagram, maybe take a look in your trunk. Then they will look it up, give you a part number and a price. Then you can negotiate the price with them and buy it there.

Or...take the part number and go online to find it at a lower price. Just Google the part number.

Alternately, you can try any Salvage Yards you may have in your area.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
thanks for your feedback, i called in ford but they didn’t know either what is its part number or whats it called. They are so unprofessionals here in my country georgia (not state) thats why i posted here. If someone tells me that parts real name really what it’s called i would be grateful.

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
thanks for your feedback, i called in ford but they didn’t know either what is its part number or whats it called. They are so unprofessionals here in my country georgia (not state) thats why i posted here. If someone tells me that parts real name really what it’s called i would be grateful.
Hi R. Off the top of my head, it looks like either an air vent or air intake for the hybrid battery system. Also...it looks as though the part number is stamped right on that part. Just try Googling those numbers.

Calling a Dealer Parts Department for something like this will usually get an owner nowhere. Going to the Dealership in person is the best course of action. People are less likely to be rude when dealing face to face. However, since this is a Fusion, which is not technically sold in the EU (It is the Mondeo there and there are differences), even that may be a problem.

Also: You may have better luck with assistance if you post on the Ford Fusion Energi foums, where the members will be far more familiar with that model than most are here: Ford Fusion Energi Forum

I will try to look up the part and post back with a link if/when I have a chance.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts