FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok need your guys to help me decide. I love how the 20" chrome look.

But I also love these smaller 18's, in Hyper Black.

I can't decide, its killing me. The Chrome are around 1,800 with tires, and the hyperblack around 1,099 with tires. I love the big chrome cause it stands out so much, but I am worried about loosing performance.
Then again I am worried that the 18 wont be big enough. Your thought would be awsome!
Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
They're both nice rims, but I'm not sure what the 20's are going to look like without lowering your car a bit. If lowering and performance mods are on your to-do list, I'd go ahead and buy the 20's, then you're not going to be kicking yourself in the ass wondering "what if..." later.

·
Registered
148 Posts
IMHO the bottom rim without a doubt. The top one is way too...busy... for lack of a better word. Do you want them to notice your car? Or just how shiny your rims are... :) And I'm not just making an either or choice, I really do like that bottom rim.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'd for sure pick the 18s. You pocket book will thank you. I'm guessing they are also quite a bit lighter than the 20" combo -- so your "seat-of-pants" will also thank you.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Get 19's. 18's are gonna look too small and 20's while they do look nice, are dangerous on Michigan roads. 19's look perfect and ive hit some serious size potholes with no damage.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Definitely the 18s. IMHO, those 20s are ugly. 19s are too expensive on both the wheel and the tire ends.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Well, you all knew I was coming. :lol: IMO, everyone knows what my choice would be: 20". The first rim would look very nice on your Fusion, not to mention that nice lip it has!!! The second rim, looks more like it should be on a Honda. It all boils down to are you willing to lack things such as performance with 20s for that nicer look, or go with 18s for less of a performance drop, but have less rim to fill the fender. It is all about your taste. :) I am loving my 20s. My Fusion is a head turner everyday the rims is the major exterior mod I have done so far.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is so hard, you all have great advice.

Ceace - How much of a difference did you feel accleration wise and braking after the 20's were put on?

Also I found these rims that weight only 26 pounds each for 19's. Some 18's weight more.

·
Registered
148 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=93610.msg1835528#msg1835528 date=1194372409]
Well, you all knew I was coming. :lol: IMO, everyone knows what my choice would be: 20". The first rim would look very nice on your Fusion, not to mention that nice lip it has!!! The second rim, looks more like it should be on a Honda. It all boils down to are you willing to lack things such as performance with 20s for that nicer look, or go with 18s for less of a performance drop, but have less rim to fill the fender. It is all about your taste. :) I am loving my 20s. My Fusion is a head turner everyday the rims is the major exterior mod I have done so far.
[/quote]
<shaking his head> Figured you'd pipe in sooner or later... :) But no need to get nasty. A Honda?!? Hardly, my son. I could make some 'charming' comments on where I would expect to see the rim on top, but I won't. Where I'll agree to disagree with you is, not everybody WANTS the fender filled with rim. It's the combo of the two pieces, a cool rim AND a freshly cleaned, black shined tire that makes the look. Like I said elsewhere, I want to hear em say, wow, cool car. Not wow, those sure are big shiny rims, what are those, 20's? 8)
:cheers: Cheers, Ceace!!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Tweek, acceleration did decrease considerably, and keep in mind I have the I4. It is not enough to keep you from accelerating at a normal rate. I stay in a rural area, so acceleration isn't important to me. If you stay in the city and constantly have to merge onto freeways and the sort, you may not like the decrease. That 19 you found looks the best!!! And Skull, I didn't say EVERYBODY WANTS the fender filled with rim. I said "It is all about your taste." I wasn't downing Honda. I love Hondas, especially the Accords. I said that trying to say the rim looks like a tuner rim, like those people put on their street racers like Hondas and the sort. I am not snapping on you Skull. I am just clearing up things because people tend to take what I say the wrong way. :cheers: Cheers to you too, as long as it is a Bud Lite. :lol:

·
Registered
148 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=93610.msg1838140#msg1838140 date=1194455123]
Tweek, acceleration did decrease considerably, and keep in mind I have the I4. It is not enough to keep you from accelerating at a normal rate. I stay in a rural area, so acceleration isn't important to me. If you stay in the city and constantly have to merge onto freeways and the sort, you may not like the decrease. That 19 you found looks the best!!! And Skull, I didn't say EVERYBODY WANTS the fender filled with rim. I said "It is all about your taste." I wasn't downing Honda. I love Hondas, especially the Accords. I said that trying to say the rim looks like a tuner rim, like those people put on their street racers like Hondas and the sort. I am not snapping on you Skull. I am just clearing up things because people tend to take what I say the wrong way. :cheers: Cheers to you too, as long as it is a Bud Lite. :lol:
[/quote]
No worries! I really was kinda laying in wait for ya on this topic. Then you hadda go and say the H word! I had to poke at you then as I DON'T like Honda's. But I do like some tuner style rims, especially on cars shaped like ours. I really can't abide great big shiny chrome bling things as, IMHO, they belong on something other than sporty looking mid size cars.
And that's why I put the Cheers on the end, friend, because too often plain text does get misunderstood. :) But the Bud Light, no way. Miller Lite all the way... :cheers:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Miller? :blitz: :lol: Actually, never tried Miller. I am a Bud man. 8)

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
[quote author=Tweek link=topic=93610.msg1836331#msg1836331 date=1194391444]
This is so hard, you all have great advice.

Ceace - How much of a difference did you feel accleration wise and braking after the 20's were put on?

Also I found these rims that weight only 26 pounds each for 19's. Some 18's weight more.

[/quote] These are some nice wheels! I'd twist off a Kokanee (my old brand of "canadian" beer) to those. And I haven't had a drink in 1 1/2 years! :cheers:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I have decided.

I would love 20's but seeing as the Fusion isnt the fastest car, I need every little bit I can get.
I have chosen these -

18X8 AZUL Hypermesh in Hyperblack -

Now on a car -

I went with these because there light, and have a decent lip. Also I wanted some bling, so got the Hyper black, they give off a little shine.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I think those would look better in 20's.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts