FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I still have that grinding noise whenever I push down on the throttle about 20-30 percent of the way. I don't think this is the same sound though. I also get it when I am going less than 40 and let off the gas (get the sound for a couple of seconds). I can also make the sound last "indefinitely" if I push on the gas just right. My wife has even tried to help find it by pushing/beating/pulling/listening to different areas in the car, and we can't seem to find any explanation as to why the sound is INSIDE the car; therefore it almost has to be something in the engine compartment.

Now that I think about it, my sound is more like a rattling noise - like there is a screw loose somewhere. Dealership swears up and down that they have no idea what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yes, I actually got the general manager in the car with me and we drove around for 5 minutes. It DID NOT make the sound with him in the car...EVER. Pissed me off. The sound does NOT happen all the time, but when it does it is so annoying that I almost don't want to drive the car.

He did notice that the seat was squeaking. After one full day of them having my car and then telling me that they had no idea about the sound and that the seat fix would "take another day" since the person who "takes care of those kinds of issues was swamped all day long", I was pissed, took my car, and haven't been back since.

I honestly think I'm going to try another dealership. I've had it up to my neck with those people.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.